+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it okay to ban naked lunch?

and your little dog too

Default is it okay to ban naked lunch?

from yahoo

'Naked Lunch' may be banned in Maine

Sun Oct 7, 7:14 AM ET

GREENVILLE, Maine - "Naked Lunch" just doesn't sound appetizing to some people. A sandwich called the Skinny Dip, featuring sliced prime rib in a baguette roll, has been offered free of charge anyone willing to plunge naked from The Black Frog Restaurant's dock into a lake.

Since the free sandwich offer was introduced three years ago, owner Leigh Turner has found plenty of takers. "We've had two or three a week," he said.

But now the promotion is running into trouble: A patron apparently suggested to selectmen that the activity be banned.

The naked lunch issue surfaced this week when Town Manager John Simko presented the Black Frog's application to renew its liquor license. Simko said he had been approached about the nudity and suggested that Police Chief Scott MacMaster speak to the owner.

Turner did not attend the selectmen's meeting, but said he would remove the free lunch offer if asked to do so.

The skinny dip was typically done at night, no frontal nudity was exposed to customers and a towel was readily available, Turner said. "Most everybody applauded" after the plunge, Turner said.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: is it okay to ban naked lunch?

phew , for a moment I thought you were talking about the movie

....and i thought she meant the book.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

and ive never heard of any of them. i clicked because nekkid lunch has a certain... appeal to the sad and lonely (not me, honest).

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

It's Maine. What else ya gonna do to catch the lobster? Dangle worms in the water?

Was wondering if it was either the book or film, not a restaurant promotion.

As for the brouhaha about this, seems rather silly to me, especially as, according to the article, most of the dives involved took place at night, no frontal nudity was seen by the restaurant's other clientele, and there was a nice, big towel waiting for the diver upon emergence from the lake, so no-one would have to see any "unseemly" male or female parts.

But, Maine is, after all, in New England, the Puritans' second home, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that someone would make a stink about it.

No frontal nudity = Not nude

Great idea, though. Wouldn't mind one of those around here.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I wouldn't ban it. I'm getting a bit annoyed with these matters being legislated.

If consensual adults want it - It should be allowed (no kids allowed though)

JT

+ Reply to Thread