+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interested in learning about piercing/dermal implanting

spyinxxx's Avatar Member

Default Interested in learning about piercing/dermal implanting

I always like to know about the pros / cons before I have any piercing / dermal implanting done to me, I think I know what dermal implanting is. But what is it actually (the process, the after effects of it) does any one know or have pictures of? I really want something like what is described in another post:

I need a piercer, asap, help? by deviant designs

I‘ve had piercings in the past but nothing like what they describe in that (post), I would love to see some pictures of it anyone? help lost |\|' co-fused

XOXOXO, j

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Interested in learning about piercing/dermal implanting

I think it is a process where it is much more important to really figure out and plan exactly what you want beforehand, even moreso than with a tattoo or piercing. It is much easier to cover up or remove ink which doesn't meet your desires. I am personally particularly a fan of completely subdermal mods like small horns. I think they have a certain atavistic appeal. Don't personally appreciate implants which are designs unrelated to placement, but that is just a taste thing.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

always been intrigued by the subdermal mods, although i dont know how id react to seeing some in person. if you were considering nay, what kind of thing would you want?

also labrynth = teh cool

spyinxxx's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    always been intrigued by the subdermal mods, although i dont know how id react to seeing some in person. if you were considering nay, what kind of thing would you want?

also labrynth = teh cool
    something to lightly ancor a top to lower back & arms thank you i though so too

spyinxxx's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I think it is a process where it is much more important to really figure out and plan exactly what you want beforehand, even moreso than with a tattoo or piercing. It is much easier to cover up or remove ink which doesn't meet your desires. I am personally particularly a fan of completely subdermal mods like small horns. I think they have a certain atavistic appeal. Don't personally appreciate implants which are designs unrelated to placement, but that is just a taste thing.
    something to lightly ancor a top too maybe lower back & arms, i have a pretty clear image in my head what i want, just hard to describe

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Sort of like hooks? Or like ball bearings that you can put D-rings over?

I've heard of subdermal implants of coral attached to someone's skull to make horns. the coral bonds to the bone and grows slightly, from what I hear. Look quite cool though.

spyinxxx's Avatar Member

Yes I have read that too and in fact the docs/info I found you can use animal bones, shaped calcium, even family member bones, to do dermal bone augmentation, but I don’t want bone augmentation I want actual implantation (metal/plastic so it may be remove if necessary in the future) of either loops/ washers; anything that could used to attach via a latch hook or tie into, to tie and hang things on like tops and or light chains neck laces of that sort and also to give texture to my skin…

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I used to date Steve Haworth, who has been putting implants in people way before they became the 'buzz', and have witnessed quite a few procedures.

Im not sure if the link will work here, so Ill also PM you if it doesnt show up, but going to www.*******.com will give you plenty of visual material.

The best thing to do is actually contact someone who does implants (Im not sure if Steve still does, but Im pretty sure he does) and let them know what you have in mind. They are probably the only people who can give you accurate pros and cons. You can email Cookie, his right hand gal and him at CONTACT@STEVEHAWORTH.COM.

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread