+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goth Pepper Pink Sock

Default Goth Pepper Pink Sock

So Scar 13 and I wanted to blow off a little steam in a chill environment after work. We listened to Loveline as we rolled over to Boardners in my Town Car. We were not actually going to Boardners, but Scar had checked her camera...
    Read the full article

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Goth Pepper Pink Sock

I believe there has always been an element of shame in American culture. It goes back to some of the religious influences in most states during the colonial period. Luckily, the founders themselves were more influenced by the enlightenment. I think the camera has intensified matters. The phenomena you talk about is omnipresent. There is but one thing that sells better thab a fall from "grace": A fall from "grace" caught on cam.

I think the sexual aspects are somehow tied in, but the pink sock is making me giggle. I am not terribly adept at keeping up with the new phrases.

JT

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

WTF is picture 9?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    WTF is picture 9?
    The pants covering Bradical's reportedly enormous penis.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    The pants covering Bradical's reportedly enormous penis.
    I thought that was a total trick pic. I took this quiz where you guess at body parts. One is made to look like another. I would not have guessed at that either.

JT

Thanks Amelia! Now I've got a terrible mental image because of that pink sock thing!!!! >_< lol. In response to the camera-bit, something else I don't understand is why certain(Most it seems) want to post EVERY picture they took at a club online with no regard to the fact that a picture of someone in mid dance or if they weren't paying attention to the camera can result in a very bad picture! Also, as far as those bouncers....... they MAY have been in the right.... but that seems a bit extreme... I remember walking down the street after a club let out and I saw these kids sitting on the side walk hand cuffed... one of the cops bent down and maced this kid in the face while he was handcuffed and on the ground.... I can't imagine what warranted that! The gf was there yelling at the cop, I think that's abuse of power.

Yuck? Amusing article though and I like the pics of you, Amelia.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

what a hilarious article, which I finally got around to reading!

Just one note, the guy from Dallas (now living in Austin) is a body painter:

http://dvnc-arts.com/

he painted me and shot a photo and the photo he took ended up on the album cover of some TX based band (I gave permission and have the CD but cannot for the life of me remember what the band is called).

That was a fun night, complete with the gothic essentials and the gothic nonessentials as well :-)

+ Reply to Thread