+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so i'm getting married...

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

Default so i'm getting married...

Yeah, kinda shocked me too.

Here's the deal... He's stationed overseas, so I'm going to be doing a lot of the planning. We're on a tiny budget and have no clue where to even start with the planning. I'm in way over my head on this one.

I don't know if we're going to be doing something Goth necessarily, but definately something simple, classic and tasteful.

if you can point us in the direction of some helpful websites or even list off the things that we're going to need to do (because it's not going to occur to us) it would be monumentally appreciated.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: so i'm getting married...

heh if you go to a bridal shop to get your dress... be warned... the women there will try to pressure you into getting a tiara, gloves, shoes, veil, ANYTHING they can to match your dress haha...
    and then theyll try to find you bridesmaids dresses to match too, an bridesmaids dresses are expensive... (bt you usually dont have to pay for those ones...)
    ummmm so yeah... im planning my wedding right now too, were gonna get married may 2009 and its gonna be pretty simple... i have my dress already and alterations are pretty much all paid for too, so i dont have to worry about that anymore thankfully...
    i dunno. im just doing a simple outdoor wedding... just a short ceremony then basically a huge bbq dinner afterwards for everyone. its cheap and i dont have to rent a church or a hall for the afterparty or anything
    anything you have in mind so far??

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

You are female, so I will simply say best of luck and lots of success.

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    heh if you go to a bridal shop to get your dress... be warned... the women there will try to pressure you into getting a tiara, gloves, shoes, veil, ANYTHING they can to match your dress haha...
    and then theyll try to find you bridesmaids dresses to match too, an bridesmaids dresses are expensive... (bt you usually dont have to pay for those ones...)
    ummmm so yeah... im planning my wedding right now too, were gonna get married may 2009 and its gonna be pretty simple... i have my dress already and alterations are pretty much all paid for too, so i dont have to worry about that anymore thankfully...
    i dunno. im just doing a simple outdoor wedding... just a short ceremony then basically a huge bbq dinner afterwards for everyone. its cheap and i dont have to rent a church or a hall for the afterparty or anything
    anything you have in mind so far??

I have a dress in mind. It's pretty simple, but I'm thinking of having the bottom dipped in whatever color we go with. My friends would kill me if I asked them to wear something ugly, so I'm thinking about just finding simple, off the rack stuff from Macy's or something. However, if the girlie girl in me wins out, I may just browse adult ish prom dresses. Our families are huge, so what location we go with is going to have to handle about 100 people. (Yes, that's immediate family.) The BBQ thing might actually be a great idea...We're from Memphis, and it'd just be funny.... LOL. Right now, it looks like we're getting married sometime next fall or winter, so there's a bit of a rush. But, we still have to do other major things like...tell our parents. Any advice on that one?

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

meh, i already know what dress im wearing to my wedding.

wait, what?

ummm somehow i dont think YOU would look good in a dress... sorry hehee

but yeah that sounds really neat, having just the bottom of the dress colored um... off the rack from macys sounds like the best idea. thats what i planned on doing... minus the macys, we dont have that in canada hehe... but somewhere else. and simple dresses like that are easy to alter, if you get them way earlier and someone wearing it gains/ loses weight. major MAJOR money saver there for sure... even the prom dresses can cost 2-3 hundred bucks... eep... (i got my prom outfit for like 60 bucks from le chateau with boots from zellers haha)
    but yeah... some places want you to book ahead majorly though for weddings, especially if youre having it in a church. but find the person you want marrying you and go from there.
    hehe bbq away! its pretty cheap compared to having a wedding catered, and who doesnt like bbqs? seriously hehe!
    hmm telling your parents... what kind of parents do you 2 have?
    hey do you use msn or yahoo messenger? PM me your addresses if you do, we can totally chat whenever youre online

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

you'll need a marriage licence

yes! im not sure about in the states but in canada you can only get it 3 months before the wedding at the most. they expire after 3 months. sounds kinda dumb to me, but... whatever.

+ Reply to Thread