+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Default Sleep Paralysis

Anyone experience this before?

Earlier today it happened to me for the second time in about 2 or 3 months.

It freaks me out, but its pretty cool at the same time.

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

never had it but it sounds cool

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

only if I have night terrors. It hasn't happened in a long time.

I know a fellow who had them. He said it used to occur frequently, and that he saw things. Have you experienced that? What's it like?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i get it off and on and it really bothers me. the last attack of it i had was when i was in newyork and i was tryin to get the person next to me in bed to help me but your jaw doesnt move either an they were just annoyed cus i was mumbling help me while they were trying to sleep.fuckin sucks. i used o get it al te time more when i ws a teenager. it's gotten to where nowadays i can tell when i's coming on-usually cu i can feel the back of my neck get warm and thennumb and then my sense of gravity kind of moves slightly and im like "oh fuck-here we go again....'

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    I What's it like?
    it's like to me anyay) yor sense of gravity changes suddenly and your body feels like it's being held down by something yu can't see and no matter how hard you try to move, you can't. you wanna yell for help but you can't cus you jaw wont move. your body feels like a ton if you manage to gain some muscle control and you can really hurt yoursef bad if you try to lift your head up.and sometimes you think you might see things too like shadows movng etc. it's basically caused by your waking mind not shutting down for repairs after your body already has. dos that help?

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i get this, along with "night terrors" once in a blue moon. luckily not very recently. it used to scare the crap out of my when i was younger. being as i was asleep at the time, my imagination would wreck havoc with what was going on, in a non-rational manner. like 'things' from my dreams were real, in the room with me, and trying to get me! i would feel a presence in my room or on my bed. sometimes i would feel trapped or held down. moreoften i just felt that i couldnt move and that there was something preventing me from waking up. i was scared that the things that were after me were trying to steal my soul, and if they caught me, i'd be trapped in the world of dreams forever(as in a coma).

it was never fun but it helped learning that it was an actual phenomena and not just something i was going through alone. i still sleep with a knife next to my bed and have for most of my life because of this.

im always trying to find ways to work my bodies odd quirks to some sort of advantage.......wth this sleep thing, i've narrwed it down to a cutting of of the connection to the back of the skull wher the neck meets the head. so like if im not too tired and need to sleep, ill just lydown and apply pressure there till i feel it kick in. it also works kind of like a drug too...makes you feel really relaxed.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    I know a fellow who had them. He said it used to occur frequently, and that he saw things. Have you experienced that? What's it like?
    it's terrifying. I was 19 when I had my last one and I will NEVER forget it. I couldn't move, or speak for at least thirty minutes, and I could barely breathe. I was convinced something very large and heavy was standing on my back, and for many years after I was convinced it was somekind of spiritual attack. I still remeber in complete detail the dream that accompanied it. It was awful, and terrifying; one of the worst dreams I've ever had.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i think i read somewhere that people used to think that 'held-down' feeling meant that a succubus/incubus was there. maybe yall are just getting more action than you thought

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    ... i still sleep with a knife next to my bed and have for most of my life because of this.
    my mom still sleep with my old pirate cutlass

I had it once. I remember feeling like the bed was sucking me in then..like a cone was forming pushing me up towards the ceilling. The cloet opend then the door slammed open and I heard my mom call far from far away "*my name*"

Did not like it at all. It felt so much worse then a normal nightmare.

+ Reply to Thread