+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mom took her first shot last night

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default mom took her first shot last night

she's been tryin to keep from gettin to this point but she took her first insulin shot last night. we were even surprised we could afford it cus at first they were tryin to get her to buy it in bulk which we could'nt afford but she's okay now.
    the shot went well.no reactions so far. now i just gottamake sue she remembers totake her shots before bed otherwise she'll frget t and we'reboth workin on our diet cus it turns out diabetes runs on my mom's side of the family and her genes are my dominant genes.

just thought i'd share is all.

and your little dog too

Default Re: mom took her first shot last night

good luck. does she have to do it every day or only if she eats certain things?

That sucks dude. What a bummer.

Man, if you get dieabeties and you have to start using insulin. It would be funny if you tie-off as a joke in front of people who don't know your a diabetic.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Helpful etiquette from Toe Cutter

Hope everything works out, malcolm *hugs*

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

right now its jsut once a day before bed- it's not a lot at the moment. they said theyre onna increase it aftershes done with whats shs got. she says shes feelin alittle better-less headaches, more refreshed in the morning when she wakes up etc. the only prob is it aint lowering her blood sugar just yt-thinkin it may b a gradal process. as for me, im more concerned about her gettin her diabetes under control than i am about me developin it. although i am cutting back on the sugr (which is hell) and drinkin diet sodas if i do drink sodas (also sucks)
    o alighter note and in reference to toecutter's comment........
    i think if i end up gettin it though- i wanna get me one of those old school ass hypos like travolta had in pulp fiction

+ Reply to Thread