+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera/Photoshop question...

Default Camera/Photoshop question...

Does anybody know how to get an instant photo straight to photoshop after taking the picture with a camera, instead of having to transfer them over from memory card?

My camera has a a/v output and my new laptop has a ilink firewire s400 port. Do i just need a cable to have instant photo gratification? Im so out of the times when it comes to cameras and stuff like that.

Or am i still just stuck with having to import from memory card? It's really just troublesome for me when im taking product image photos but have to keep going back and forth trying to see if i got that one good shot instead of just looking at the computer screen and going "Yep got it!"

Anybody know what i mean?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help

Default Re: Camera/Photoshop question...

Sorry, can't help you there. If I'm trying to get the right shot of something, I just fill up the camera with different shots of it and then look through them on the comp. =/

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

The A/V port won't help as it'll be analog - but if it has a USB port that may work. It depends if the camera's registered with Windows as a TWAIN/WIA device or not. Some are, and so will let you pull data real-time, others appear as a disk drive and only let you transfer stored images. It's rarer to get a TWAIN facility these days, as there are so many settings to control and such a lot of data to push across it's quicker to use the camera isolated. Plug your camera in, open PS, click menu...import.. and see what's in the submenu. If your camera's there, good. If not, not.

I have the same problems as a lot of the time the camera's perched somewhere inaccessible, so I plug the A/V output directly into a TV. I can see framing from across the room, and the images freeze for a few seconds after hitting the shutter.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I know it can be done. I have seen photographers with laptops, shooting and loading the files directly to their computer as they shoot. Might depend on the camera, and the software. Depending on what camera you have, I'd ask around on the Nikon or Cannon forums, and see if people know how it's done.

+ Reply to Thread