+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What was the best part of your weekend??? Mine was....

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default What was the best part of your weekend??? Mine was....

I have been having a really hard time being positive lately. I kinda go in phases, when I am super happy, I cannot imagine how I was ever depressed, it seems sooo far from my current state of mind. The same goes for when I am depressed and moody, I think of happiness as some far off novelty that I will never be able to obtain again. Sooooooo I am gonna start off the week by trying to more towards thinking positive, and reflect upon the exciting part of my weekend :-) Hopefully you all have some stories to share that will perk me up as well!!!

The best part of my weekend was most certainly Sunday. I had a shoot with one of my favorite photographers, Nadya Lev, and an amazing team of hair, make-up, special effects and wardrobe. So fantastic, really! I can't wait to post stuff on here buuuuuut the images are for publication in Nadya's upcoming magazine, Coil House, so I have got to keep them a secret for now....

Anyhow, I was super crippled, so a lot of the day I spend perched on the edge of stools so that I could have hair, make-up, special effects applied to me without fully standing...... afterwards, all of us, including Pia Kaamos who was the second model on the shoot, went out to eat at this delicious restaurant in downtown LA. It was so hilarious cause my feet were bandaged, in these super comfy socks and then in slippers, and it took me about 15 minutes to walk form my corner parking spot to the restaurant, all the time hobbling along..... people would turn to stare, it was ridiculous. Pia had taken the hot deathrock hairstyle she had for the shoot and turned it into a pompadour, so that only heightened the amount of hilarity at hand. After a delightful fine dining experience in which the waiter acted far too arrogant to enjoy serving a table of delinquints such as ourselves, I was piggy backed back to the car :-)

x

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: What was the best part of your weekend??? Mine was....

My favorite part was my shoot on sunday as well.... It's my first in about a year. It was a great time. It was with one of my favorite people, lenny gotter. whom I have been friends with for almost ten years..... sorry about your foot sweetie....

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

sounds like you both had great weekends (((new shoots))))) haha.

i had a good weekend... Saturday was spent on top of a mountain (go figure), enjoying this view with some friends.

Sat night was a b-day party in downtown Albany, enjoying some rock-a-billy / bluegrass tunes. Sunday was spent on the couch in front of the fireplace with this new girl I met.... we had pizza and watched the Giants beat the Cowboys (fuck ya).

life is good.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    My favorite part was my shoot on sunday as well.... It's my first in about a year. It was a great time. It was with one of my favorite people, lenny gotter. whom I have been friends with for almost ten years..... sorry about your foot sweetie....
    Say howdy to Lenny from me!

This weekend I went to a downtown cafeteria for a brunch organized by Sabrina. This cafeteria is a piece of Americana so tacky the Los Angeles Architectural Commission almost took legal recourse against them for crimes against architecture. I've been telling my friends all day that I got to see a guy in a pink and white fun fur suit with a pink feather hat and sequins who was doing it unironically.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

My best part to the weekend was ... well, riding in the wind.

It got to 51F here, so I was pounding up the I-5 on one wheel.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

got laid

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    got laid
    Rub it in, why don't you.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

wasnt the weekend but last weeks highlight for me was the first esson back at my martial arts class, getting home exhausted with that great 'worked hard' feeling in my muscles, sitting on the couch with a cold one and watching the newly purchased 'Masters Of Horror' boxset until the sun came up.

+ Reply to Thread