+ Reply to Thread

Thread: San Francisco!!!!!

Default San Francisco!!!!!

So I'm headed to SF in early April of this year... just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on where to hit up for a good cup of coffee and any local goth/alternative shops and clubs. On a similar note, I'd love to meet up with any of you fellow BB's for a drink or somesuch! Headless Bill, I believe you live there, and if you want to grab a drink sometime I'm all game.

Cheers,

-Sequoia.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Re: San Francisco!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    So I'm headed to SF in early April of this year... just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on where to hit up for a good cup of coffee and any local goth/alternative shops and clubs. On a similar note, I'd love to meet up with any of you fellow BB's for a drink or somesuch! Headless Bill, I believe you live there, and if you want to grab a drink sometime I'm all game.

Cheers,

-Sequoia.
    I was actually just there for part of my vacation. I always hit up Haight Street while I'm in San Francisco.

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

Kind of out of date but...
    http://www.sfgoth.com/clubs/
    Usually a good time.
    http://www.bondage-a-go-go.com/

Lusty Lady! Worlds only worker-owned strip club. Really fun part of town.
    Check it out!

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Cheers,

-Sequoia.
    -DNA Lounge(venue)
    -Death Guild-@ the glass cat
    -the Cat Club(venue)
    There are a ton of events at these places, we just move up here about a month ago,
    Madalines has the best coffee ever!

Have you been to the Tonga room at the Fairmont hotel? Best Tiki bar I've ever seen. That's a cool place.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

B-a-G-G in SF was a blast back in the day. Have an X who worked there. Good times. Haven't been there in years, so it may be somewhat yuppified. Be sure to follow the etiquette on the site. Will make for a better experience.

JT

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    I was actually just there for part of my vacation. I always hit up Haight Street while I'm in San Francisco.
    oh I miss that city sometimes... I stayed with a friend for a while on Haight & Ashbury, above Ben & Jerry's. I wonder if it's still there?
    We would stroll down to the McD's at 6am for breakfast, cruise thru the panhandle a bit and then head thru the Presido to baker beach. There used to be some really nice places to have a beach bon fire on bakers beach and just chill, massive coziness and atmosphere.

Synthetic- Thanks, I'm defiinately planning on hitting up the famous Haight Street!

Cosmic- Thankyou! Yeah I'm hoping Bondage-a-go-go is having something going on while I'm there, as for SFgoth, who knows how up to date it is but it's worth atleast looking for the names and then just calling them to confirm what is/isn't still going on.

Toe Cutter- Haha, that's great, a strip club run by the employees and not by the mafia! I've actually never been to a strip club before (surprising even to me though the only local one is really terrible from what I've heard). I might check it out, but not really wanting to hit up a Strip Club without some friends.

Deviant- Thanks for the info, as your in SF perhaps we can meet up for a bite or a drink sometime!

OEC- I'm not one to break rule (atleast not the first time in a place, especially in an unfamiliar city :-p).

Synthetic- Thanks, I'm defiinately planning on hitting up the famous Haight Street!

Cosmic- Thankyou! Yeah I'm hoping Bondage-a-go-go is having something going on while I'm there, as for SFgoth, who knows how up to date it is but it's worth atleast looking for the names and then just calling them to confirm what is/isn't still going on.

Toe Cutter- Haha, that's great, a strip club run by the employees and not by the mafia! I've actually never been to a strip club before (surprising even to me though the only local one is really terrible from what I've heard). I might check it out, but not really wanting to hit up a Strip Club without some friends.

Deviant- Thanks for the info, as your in SF perhaps we can meet up for a bite or a drink sometime!

OEC- I'm not one to break rule (atleast not the first time in a place, especially in an unfamiliar city :-p).
    While I won't be in SF then, I do welcome you to the city of St. Francis. I certainly hope and expect you will have a great time.

Well I arrived today, tis a shame I can't seem to find anything going on tonight, which I must just not be looking hard enough as it is a Saturday and there must be loads going on I just don't know where to look, it seems most of the goth/80's/alt stuff goes on during the week moreso than the weekend. Coffee/Beer/Wine/Etc. Anyone? I'd love to find someone to go hit up a club with. Please? haha.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Well I arrived today, tis a shame I can't seem to find anything going on tonight, which I must just not be looking hard enough as it is a Saturday and there must be loads going on I just don't know where to look, it seems most of the goth/80's/alt stuff goes on during the week moreso than the weekend. Coffee/Beer/Wine/Etc. Anyone? I'd love to find someone to go hit up a club with. Please? haha.
    is so what club still sat nights at maritime hall?

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

How long r u staying up here?

DreamKrusher's Avatar Member

Cheers,

-Sequoia.

DNA Lounge, Death Guild, Gilman Street still does some punk shows... BTW MSI and TBM May 23 SF Balllroom

I won't be here in May, sadly, however I am catching MSI and TBM annnnd CombiChrist all together for 2 of the shows when they come to Florida (My home state) :-D I can't wait to see them all together, it'll be my first time seeing MSI and TBM and my second time seeing CC.

]
    San Francisco!!!!! - Blue Blood Boards
    I went to Death Guild on Monday and had a blast, everyone was nice, drinks were tasty but a bit more pricey than I'm used to. I heard more songs I'd never heard than familiar ones which was great. I'm headed back to Haight Street in a couple hours to go buy some clothes and some more Vinyl :-p.

I'm here till Sunday morning.

I won't be here in May, sadly, however I am catching MSI and TBM annnnd CombiChrist all together for 2 of the shows when they come to Florida (My home state) :-D I can't wait to see them all together, it'll be my first time seeing MSI and TBM and my second time seeing CC.

]
    San Francisco!!!!! - Blue Blood Boards
    I went to Death Guild on Monday and had a blast, everyone was nice, drinks were tasty but a bit more pricey than I'm used to. I heard more songs I'd never heard than familiar ones which was great. I'm headed back to Haight Street in a couple hours to go buy some clothes and some more Vinyl :-p.

I'm here till Sunday morning.
    Was tempted just to drive back after the fire here. I felt at home out there for the first time in years last October. Dunno why. Haight is mostly couture. Aardvark's always had a steal in there somewhere.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread