+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clinton Fatigue

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Clinton Fatigue

Anyone else tired of these folks' Alzheimer's Goodbye to the bright lights? Senator Clinton is only in the race due to byzantine party rules. She could technically be anointed by party bosses (superdelegates). It is mathematically tenuous to impossible for her to win otherwise. Have some class and just bow out Hillary. Sheez.

JT

Default Re: Clinton Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    Anyone else tired of these folks' Alzheimer's Goodbye to the bright lights? Senator Clinton is only in the race due to byzantine party rules. She could technically be anointed by party bosses (superdelegates). It is mathematically tenuous to impossible for her to win otherwise. Have some class and just bow out Hillary. Sheez.

JT
    I resemble that remark.

Damned over-long primary campaign, plus fatigue with the usual sets of slobs likely to get into office does it for me, and Senator Rodham-Clinton's support for the Iraq War and pro-corporate policies and ties just add to it.

However, please don't forget that she's lookin' forward to March 4th, and especially the Texas primary, where she hopes to mobilise lots of her female and Latino supporters there for a big win, or somethin' like that.

We shall see if that works or not, no???

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    I resemble that remark.

Damned over-long primary campaign, plus fatigue with the usual sets of slobs likely to get into office does it for me, and Senator Rodham-Clinton's support for the Iraq War and pro-corporate policies and ties just add to it.

However, please don't forget that she's lookin' forward to March 4th, and especially the Texas primary, where she hopes to mobilise lots of her female and Latino supporters there for a big win, or somethin' like that.

We shall see if that works or not, no???
    True. Obama has pulled ahead in the Texas polls, however. He is closing the gap in OH and PA even. Mathematically, it would take a blowout for her to legitimately continue her campaign. Obama has won 11 straight.

JT

True. Obama has pulled ahead in the Texas polls, however. He is closing the gap in OH and PA even. Mathematically, it would take a blowout for her to legitimately continue her campaign. Obama has won 11 straight.

JT
    Haven't been followin' politics much, since the Caucus took place out here in January(I supported Edwards), but am heartened to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    Haven't been followin' politics much, since the Caucus took place out here in January(I supported Edwards), but am heartened to hear that.
    Voted in my first ever Caucus (never voted in a primary). Obama. I am glad Grandpa Nader is giving a go at another fuck you all campaign: http://www.votenader.org

I don't agree with Obama, McCain, or Nader on all issues. I do respect each one individually for different reasons. This is the first (and probably last) time in my lifetime this will be the case in an election. I have detested all the other candidates since the end of the Cold War.

J

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Meanwhile, Rome burns.

The US government quietly hired 50 people with expertise in what to do when banks collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Meanwhile, Rome burns.

The US government quietly hired 50 people with expertise in what to do when banks collapse.
    Do you have a link for this? It wouldn't be the first time. Citibank was insolvent in '92. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

"We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down as gentlemen. But, we would like a brandy." -- Benjamin Guggenheim (allegedly his last words on RMS Titanic.)

I am, however, an optimistic. If nothing else, I will die laughing. I'm concerned only for my nephew and the country he will inherit.

JT

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Do you have a link for this? It wouldn't be the first time. Citibank was insolvent in '92. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

"We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down as gentlemen. But, we would like a brandy." -- Benjamin Guggenheim (allegedly his last words on RMS Titanic.)

I am, however, an optimistic. If nothing else, I will die laughing. I'm concerned only for my nephew and the country he will inherit.

JT
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1203..._us_whats_news

Thanks. Iceberg ...

JT

+ Reply to Thread