+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chihuahua vs. Cat: the Ultimate Showdown

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Default Chihuahua vs. Cat: the Ultimate Showdown

Who would win in a fight between a chihuahua or an 8 month old cat? I don't know, but I can tell you what would lose: My laptop!

That's right. I dog-sit for my sister's chihuahua often, and when she meets up with my cat, all hell breaks loose. They have a fantastic time chasing and pouncing on each other, and me and my laptop. The inevitable result of all this action is I no longer have use of the most convenient 'Enter' key at my right pinky, the front slash button above that, and most vexing, the 'Backspace' button above that.

Now, thanks to my fight-happy four-legged charges, I have to move my hand farther to hit 'enter', I can't use front slash (not that I used it much anyway, except for trying to make pictures: m/_ {-_-} _m/ this would be the horns, except lookie! no front slash! Now he looks like he's making an 'L' for loser with his left and the even more insipid 'hang lose!' with his right, but I digress). Most annoyingly, I have to highlight then press 'Delete' to correct mistakes.

It took me a while to master getting rid of an unwanted apostrophe. Thanks, pets.

Anyone else got any peeves about their pets?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Chihuahua vs. Cat: the Ultimate Showdown

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    Who would win in a fight between a chihuahua or an 8 month old cat? I don't know, but I can tell you what would lose: My laptop!

That's right. I dog-sit for my sister's chihuahua often, and when she meets up with my cat, all hell breaks loose. They have a fantastic time chasing and pouncing on each other, and me and my laptop. The inevitable result of all this action is I no longer have use of the most convenient 'Enter' key at my right pinky, the front slash button above that, and most vexing, the 'Backspace' button above that.

Now, thanks to my fight-happy four-legged charges, I have to move my hand farther to hit 'enter', I can't use front slash (not that I used it much anyway, except for trying to make pictures: m/_ {-_-} _m/ this would be the horns, except lookie! no front slash! Now he looks like he's making an 'L' for loser with his left and the even more insipid 'hang lose!' with his right, but I digress). Most annoyingly, I have to highlight then press 'Delete' to correct mistakes.

It took me a while to master getting rid of an unwanted apostrophe. Thanks, pets.

Anyone else got any peeves about their pets?
    Our human takes the keyboard from us sometimes. He doesn't buy us enough wet food and we're nearly out of the 'nip! I have to bite his feet to rouse him sometimes. Ugh. Humans.

OEC

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

my stepmum has a chihuahua. it took on a dobermann... and won. just latched onto the throat, and hung there til the dobe gave up.

and living with my 1yo nephew, i can tell you that a baby is a beter keyboard killer than any animal

my cat ate my skunk once...

I just got home, all happy because I found some extra special stuff. I opened the bag and placed on the table ready for massacre. Then I went to toilet and when I came back I found a piece that was enough just for a joint. Ok, I thought that I probably left other on safe place but that was not the case.
    After checking my pockets and later whole house I found my cat laying under the sofa with widely open eyes, just watching me without any movements. Asked her wheres my weed and nothing. She just sat there all tripped out not reacting at all. Like hypnotized. Poor kitty. After that she always goes away when there's smoke.

At least she left me for joint.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Our human takes the keyboard from us sometimes. He doesn't buy us enough wet food and we're nearly out of the 'nip! I have to bite his feet to rouse him sometimes. Ugh. Humans.

OEC
    Oh man, my cat would kill me for wet food. I go to open a packet for him and he starts meowing, sitting on his hind legs tapping at my leg with his front paws as if to say "Is that WET food?! For ME?! Give it to me NOOOOOW!!!!"

And then he'll gorge on it and lick the plate clean before passing out in a food coma. Oh, cat.

Oh man, my cat would kill me for wet food. I go to open a packet for him and he starts meowing, sitting on his hind legs tapping at my leg with his front paws as if to say "Is that WET food?! For ME?! Give it to me NOOOOOW!!!!"

And then he'll gorge on it and lick the plate clean before passing out in a food coma. Oh, cat.
    We scratch our human's feet until he wakes up and gives us what we want. It's hard to train humans.

OEC

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

haha. I'd had the last laptop for week when Roxy (the twenty pound calico) jumped into my lap and ripped off a key. I never had a need for it in the 5 years i had the computer, so no harm done I guess.

I've been cat deprived but have fun memories of watching my friends cats do battle. Would be sitting on the computer then one black blur would fly by...then another. Then it'd get real quiet and you'd hear shit falling off the shelves. Turn around and one cat would dive behind your leg while the other goes crazy with its paws..sticking to your jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    We scratch our human's feet until he wakes up and gives us what we want. It's hard to train humans.

OEC
    I had a great wake-up call at 6:30 this morning from my cat doing the same thing...and, because it's just the two of us and he loves me, nuzzling my face.

When he poops my apartment smells like burnt plastic though.

I had a great wake-up call at 6:30 this morning from my cat doing the same thing...and, because it's just the two of us and he loves me, nuzzling my face.

When he poops my apartment smells like burnt plastic though.
    *switches to human* My cats are pretty meticulous girls. I do have an old fireplace cleaned out for the litter box ... I suppose that helps.

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Ever notice cats only vomit at night, and it is the only sound you cannot sleep through?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Ever notice cats only vomit at night, and it is the only sound you cannot sleep through?
    Speaking of cat vomit, I just got back from spending two nights out of the city and while I had people coming over to take care of my cat, I'm wondering if any one has any suggestions for getting cat puke out of a shag carpet? I had a small throw one in front of my fireplace, and I think the cat was less than pleased I was gone.

Someone poisoned my dog with rat poison, I woke up to find a bloody mess, just to watch Wizzle have a bloody seizure...howl, and die in my closet!!!!!

It broke my heart. Its horrible enough that he had to die, but I wish I didnt have to witness it.

+ Reply to Thread