+ Reply to Thread

Thread: would you want murder memorabilia?

and your little dog too

Default would you want murder memorabilia?

from all headline news

Artwork, Memorabilia By Canada's Notorious Cult Leader-Murderer Up For Auction

March 10, 2008 12:10 p.m. EST

Jupiter Kalambakal - AHN News Writer

Ottawa, Canada (AHN)- More than half a dozen artworks made by a notorious cult killer at the Dorchester Penitentiary in New Brunswick have been added to the collection of "murderabilia" offered for auction by a U.S. website.

MurderAuction.com, is a novelty site that rounds up and sells personal effects, artworks, paintings, letters, and other knick knacks owned by, or associated with infamous criminals in recent history to a niche market of crime memorabilia collectors.

The site is currently auctioning of oil paintings, signed handprints and short poems of convicted murdered Roch Theriault, described by the website as one of the craziest and sickest animals in Canadian history.

The charismatic leader of a tiny religious group near Burnt River, Ontario between 1977 and 1989, Theriault chopped off the hand of one of his concubines and killed his wife by disembowelling her.

A television movie about his bizarre cult, which was modeled on Old Testament themes and attracted up to a dozen adult followers, was titled "Savage Messiah". It was broadcast in 2002, the same year the National Parole Board turned down his first bid for day parole.

The art being auctioned is abstract or contains inoffensive images such as flowers, and dates from October and November 2007. Minimum bids range from $20 to $500.

One piece was done in thick canvas and framed by Roch himself is called "Pensées ? moi'' which means '' Think of me'' and was under the name Roch Moises Theriault.

The poems for sale are brief and in French, such as "Le regret, c'est de ne plus jamais recommence" ("Regret is to never be able to do it again"), dated last October.

MurderAuction.com also offers a signed prison letter from Clifford Olsen, another infamous Canadian criminal. He is a convicted serial child killer.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: would you want murder memorabilia?

fuck no. that shit has bad vibes.

cate's Avatar Junior Member

I rest my case about the god thing.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Hell, no.

But for the record, I hate it when people can't be arsed to get good translations - the dude probably asked somebody over the phone who heard "Pensées ? moi" (thoughts of me) as "Penser ? moi" (think of me).

Said dude was bug ass crazy, but not as crazy as his followers. One allowed his cock to be cut off, a penalty for some minor transgression.

But then again, the Quebecois have the Raelian cult, too - another bunch following a nutty skulleted Quebecois. They're harmless, though - their religion includes free love and free sex parties and they send out beautiful women with huge tits to recruit. :"Come join our cult and you can sleep with me!" (and to their credit, they actually mean it) Unfortunately I go for a more Angelina Jolie kind of crazy than a space cult crazy... cause she WAS hot...

+ Reply to Thread