+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pink is the new color for brutal fascism

and your little dog too

Default pink is the new color for brutal fascism

from weekly world news

NYPD PINK!
    Plan to change color of NY cop uniforms to project a kinder, gentler image

By JAKE ANDERSON

NYPD Blue might be turning into NYPD PINK if New York's police brass has its way. Top police officials want to change the color of police uniforms in order to give the cops a kinder, gentler image.

"New York police have a bad image," says a senior police official. "Part of it stems from their uniforms looking so gloomy. We want people to think of New York's Finest as New York's Splashiest.

"Pink has many advantages. For one thing, it stands out. When the police arrive, you'll know it! Also, the police will be less likely to batter someone, because blood and scuff marks show up more on pink. And it will help improve their image with women, who instinctively react to blue as a 'masculine' color.

"Finally, it will cut down on reports of police brutality. Because who wants to admit they got beat up by someone wearing pink, even if it is a cop?"

But some police officers are up in arms over the proposed change.

"We're supposed to instill fear," says a top police officer. "We don't want criminals to die laughing."

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Default Re: pink is the new color for brutal fascism

Yeah, this is a pretty dumb proposal...I mean..PINK? Why not something less likely to be ridiculed....like red, or even a gold/yellow color. Pink is just asking for trouble and loss of respect. Might as well have them wearing clown noses to appear friendlier (or maybe to instill fear...I'm kinda freaked out about clowns)
    Pink is the worst color ever....here is an idea, maybe the cops shouldn't be kinder and gentler....because they are protectors...they are supposed to be enforcing the law. I'd rather have a big, scary man or woman dressed all in black with a scythe enforcing the law then a happy friendly guy or gal in Pink!

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

it IS a WWN article, the same people that show satan's face over any natural disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    "We're supposed to instill fear," says a top police officer.
    NO YOU'RE NOT, you stupid fuck. you're supposed to instil RESPECT, and hopefully some measure of reassurance. Bah! i vote for giving all the other cops something stylish in black and silver and making that one do his rounds in a neon pink polka-dot jumpsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azekiel
    NO YOU'RE NOT, you stupid fuck. you're supposed to instil RESPECT, and hopefully some measure of reassurance. Bah! i vote for giving all the other cops something stylish in black and silver and making that one do his rounds in a neon pink polka-dot jumpsuit.
    Instilling respect just doesn't work on some people, so fear has to. :|

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Instilling respect just doesn't work on some people, so fear has to. :|
    Ditto. If I am about to get helplessly beaten and murdered in an alley, I sure hope the other guy fears the police. I don't think it is enough for a criminal to say, "Uh, you know I don't mean you any disrespect Officer Jackson, cause like, you know I respect you, even in that funky pink uniform, but like, you gotta understand that I just have to kill this here guy."

Respect for an authority can include fear of antagonizing them, or at least fear of the consequences, but would hopefully also include trust; that they'll do the right things, that their advice is sensible, that they will behave responsibily...

it's a cliché: "those who have done nothing wrong have nothing to fear from the law." it's also patently untrue, but as a goal, it seems like a pretty good one.

A police force that just scares everyone shitless is at least as bad as none at all.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

This reminds me of the Pink Berets in the Bay Area. Whenever skinheads or other 'tards started shit, they'd come in and beat to a bloody pulp. You never could quite remeber their names or faces It's good for Vigilantes, I think it would just make people laugh at the cops.

OEC

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I actually thought this was serious for a second untill i saw where the article was from wow heres another great article from WWN:

HOW TO TELL IF YOUR PROSTITUTE IS AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Here, from government experts, are 10 warning signs that the prostitute you've picked up is a sinister space babe:

1. Looks too good to be true -- If that curvy cutie working the street corner is a dead ringer for Catherine Zeta-Jones, odds are the gorgeous star isn't moonlighting. A shape-shifting ET has probably adopted the form of your dream girl.

2. Out-of-date lingo -- Alien prostitutes try to fit in by using streetwalker slang -- but often use outdated terms. A hooker who sees a police car and whispers, "Cheese it, the fuzz!" likely hails from deep space.

3. Evasive about identity and origins -- Few gals in "the life" are forthcoming about their full names. But a scarlet woman who refuses even to divulge where she comes from -- vaguely describing her birthplace as "the Midwest" or "overseas" -- could be an ET.

4. Odd, hard-to-place accent. "They have trouble pronouncing the letter 'R,' " Manling reveals.

5. Unusually petite -- The average alien hooker stands roughly 5 feet tall, but may attempt to disguise her size with ridiculously high heels.

6. Sex was "unbelievable." If the encounter was "everything you've always fantasized about," chances are the memory was implanted by ETs.

7. Missing time -- If you paid for an hour with a hooker, but your watch indicates four hours have gone by, this suggests part of your memory of the encounter has been erased.

8. Seems telepathic -- A fallen woman who finishes your sentences or slips up and mentions your real name when you've given her a bogus one, is probably invading your thoughts -- and our planet.

9. Over-perfumed -- Hookers from outer space often try to mask their peculiar ET body odor.

10. Squeamish about spanking -- Terrestrial prostitutes are willing to perform virtually every sexual act if the money is right. But ETs don't like having their butts touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    3. Evasive about identity and origins -- Few gals in "the life" are forthcoming about their full names. But a scarlet woman who refuses even to divulge where she comes from -- vaguely describing her birthplace as "the Midwest" or "overseas" -- could be an ET.

4. Odd, hard-to-place accent. "They have trouble pronouncing the letter 'R,' " Manling reveals.

5. Unusually petite -- The average alien hooker stands roughly 5 feet tall, but may attempt to disguise her size with ridiculously high heels.
    So they're all Asian?

I mean no disrespect, of course. My step-mother is Chinese, and she's hilarious.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    9. Over-perfumed -- Hookers from outer space often try to mask their peculiar ET body odor.
    I knew it! In the ultimate irony of ironys, it is the HIPPIES that are actually from outerspace. The Petchuli and Sage are perfect masks for their peculier ET BO.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

[QUOTE=karyn]from weekly world news
    "Finally, it will cut down on reports of police brutality. Because who wants to admit they got beat up by someone wearing pink, even if it is a cop?"
    QUOTE]

so basically instead of having, I dunno, a crazy idea like the POLICE NOT BRUTALIZING PEOPLE, we should make a way for people to be less likely to report abuse and corruption by those that are supposed to "serve and protect" the people. only a cop would use such logic.

+ Reply to Thread