+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Venture Brothers

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default The Venture Brothers

This new Adult Swim series started off pretty rocky with good jokes ruined by punch lines that lasted too long and in jokes that were thin and dull. The pacing sucked and the show looked to be well on it's way to Bad TV Hell...

Then last week an odd episode dealing with one of the main characters having a garage sale aired. Now given that this guy is a science whiz and his stuff was being bought by villians and colleagues alike made for some very original and hilarious moments. Somehow they managed to 1-up every superhero comic out today and make it "realistic" at the same time. It's a very odd lil episode and is worth watching if you can get a hold of it.

This week the followed up with one just as clever and creative that deals with the main characters college days and has some the best editing I've seen in an animated series in years. Hilarious stuff with in jokes that are a bit more obvious and scenes that will get any fan of more geeky hobbies and subjects laughing.

The series is actually worth checking out again if you've dismissed it and total recommended to people who may have missed it. It's new tone and focus really makes for some of the most unique stuff on the network and one of their funniest shows.

Default Re: The Venture Brothers

I just saw the show yesterday. It seems pretty pretty cool.

I like the guy with white hair, and the guy with the Iron Jaw.

Default Re: The Venture Brothers

I like almost all of the characters except the brothers themselves.

+ Reply to Thread