+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wired

Default Wired

Wow, Wired Magazine just really hurt my feelings. Genuinely. I've been an enthusiastic supporter of their magazine from day one. I have every single issue from their very first three years on my magazine shelves. I remember how excited I was when they first came out, covering cool hacker counterculture with fresh artistic sensibilities. And now they would reach out just to be really petty and...
    Read the full article

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Wired

Me too.

I Googled the author and it's another one of those situations where her presentation of herself makes her seem like someone I'd get along great with. Somehow that makes it worse.

I guess I was depressed after spending a week sick, anyway. I'd be even more bummed to have read that on a good day.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Wow, what a horrible article!

I am as dumbstruck as you Amelia and at a loss for words as well.......

One man's opinion Mr B.
    Its what i tell myself when i get some emails to my inbox and random reviews saying " You guys are horrible at what you do, im never shopping with you again!"

My response to myself (never to them directly of course):
    They're one person out of over 3 billion..your non-business wont hinder me any.

I get defensive over some crappy reviews about what i do as well..but as i've learned since doing what i do , Its always the bitchy people that write shitty reviews because they want something to spew about, hardly ever the happy ones write one because they are just too happy and enthralled to think about it.

We all love you and Amelia's work.. and have the utmost respect for what you do and how you do it. They write reviews for a living. I'm sure they haven't spent much time from behind a desk

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

No, it's not really just one persons's opinion once it's put out there through an established publishing venue such as Wired. If some random person with an axe to grind begrudgingly got a membership (just so they could see their friend, and well maybe that other girl, and...) and they wrote me a mean note once they saw what they wanted, that would be one person's opinion. And yeah, it might even bum me out that there are people like that out there. But, to have someone who works for Wired write something that decidedly hateful is a bit more than some random pushy person expressing their disapproval. Enough of their staff has asked for comp memberships and other favors over the years that it really hurts my feelings that this is the mention they finally give.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

its still one persons opinion, it just happens that the person in questions gets published in a magazine. I wouldnt be too troubled by it honestly, youll get more site traffic and maybe some new memberships out of it. Hell if i actually gave a shit about what people like that have said about my music over the years i would've given up a long time ago.

though yeah after being given a bunch of comps and stuff i can understand why it pisses you off. But its still only one person.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

What the fuck? Are you going to say anything to them?

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    No, it's not really just one persons's opinion once it's put out there through an established publishing venue such as Wired. If some random person with an axe to grind begrudgingly got a membership (just so they could see their friend, and well maybe that other girl, and...) and they wrote me a mean note once they saw what they wanted, that would be one person's opinion. And yeah, it might even bum me out that there are people like that out there. But, to have someone who works for Wired write something that decidedly hateful is a bit more than some random pushy person expressing their disapproval. Enough of their staff has asked for comp memberships and other favors over the years that it really hurts my feelings that this is the mention they finally give.

It's a horrendously shitty thing to do! Sure, everyone is welcome to have an opinion on anything, but they didn't just say something to your face, which is painful enough. They had the audacity to publicly announce their opinion, and try to alter the opinions of others in doing so. That is sad, and I'm really sorry that you guys have that to deal with.
    I'm a big fan of what you guys do, and you've accomplished a lot. Too bad that seems to mean getting shit on for your efforts.

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

It sucks, I wish I had some words of wisdom, but all I got is my own good reviews of BB

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

-smiles- i posted MY malcontent on the bad review i feel better now

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Sure, i understand. But have the people who been comped free accounts ever written about BB? Or just the guy who had to pay who wasn't happy with it?

Which brings me back to my point of that (usually) bitchy people are the one's who write bitchy reviews, happy people never do because they don't have anything to gripe about.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

While it is true that that one article will have affect on what some may think . . . . but eh . . . who cares what people who are so easily swayed by what the majority thinks, thinks anyhow.

that makes no sense but it did in my head haha

The article is lame.
    I love BlueBlood

Its the best I've came across and has stolen my heart since I first layed eyes on it. I even remember it was a picture of Superna that brought me here (thanks to lamespace) . . . . I first saw it & was fascinated . . . & hooked
    and I've been coming back and craving more ever since

I guess all I cna really say here is .. . . Jealousy is a bitch.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

wow! that's awful!!
    I don't even know what to say to that.

+ Reply to Thread