+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sticky Sweet or Bitter Truth?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Sticky Sweet or Bitter Truth?

Do you tend to get lured in time and time again by the sticky sweet seduction of a new fresh romantic encounter or are you stand-offish on account of the bitter truth that romance is all a scam?

Here's how it works for me......

I tend to be stando-offish about romance. Not sex, romance. Once in a while though I get that anxious tingly warmth that inevitably leads me into a full fledgd infatuation, and at that point I slowely, in a very calculated manner, allow my walls to be stripped down. However, unlike the Berlin Wall their destruction is not permanent and upon conflict within the relationship they can be quickly ressurected.... so I am some strange combo of stand-offish and a sucker for infatuation.....

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Sticky Sweet or Bitter Truth?

I am VERY cautious about romance.

And yet very willing to go for it.

But I just try to make sure I am making the right decision, because every serious relationship you get into, means you are using up years of your life with that person, and making yourself vulnerable to eventual pain. So I want to make sure that the relationship at least has a pretty good chance of making it, before letting those feelings run wild...

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I used to get caught up in the whirlwind of romance. Now not so much, time has taken a toll on me. I am rather cautious about it & prefer to deal with someone where that won't happen so much. I guess I like making a friend into more now, so I won't get disappointed since I know all about them & their flaws & that goes for me to. Now romantic stuff just feels cheesy & very teenage girlish. I guess some of what I think is romantic has changed to, now instead of flowers I am much more caught up in someone when they buy me my favorite hard to find DVD or clean my cat boxes.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I think the reason people "fall" for someone, is because they want to think that person is perfect, awesome, will be the one for them, etc... So they work themselves up. But in reality, that person may not be what they say, may not be able to live up to your ideals. So then you get hurt. But there is nothing wrong with being practical, and seeing a person as they really are. There is nothing stopping you from totally falling for that person, and totally trusting them, once they have earned your love, and earned your trust... Sometimes people think that just because they are closed off, or cynical about relationships, that they can't fall in love again. That's totally not true. You just have to wait a while, to make sure the relationship is deserving of your love and trust...

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Do you tend to get lured in time and time again by the sticky sweet seduction of a new fresh romantic encounter or are you stand-offish on account of the bitter truth that romance is all a scam?

Here's how it works for me......

I tend to be stando-offish about romance. Not sex, romance. Once in a while though I get that anxious tingly warmth that inevitably leads me into a full fledgd infatuation, and at that point I slowely, in a very calculated manner, allow my walls to be stripped down. However, unlike the Berlin Wall their destruction is not permanent and upon conflict within the relationship they can be quickly ressurected.... so I am some strange combo of stand-offish and a sucker for infatuation.....
    I totally relate to that one, the recipe is mixed with different portions of those ingredients.
    I'm due for a new romance though, hopefully leading to some sticky sweet sex.

+ Reply to Thread