+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are we teaching our children?

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default What are we teaching our children?

HOBART, Ind. - A woman's effort to assuage her 6-year-old son's fears of his grandfather's ghost by selling it on eBay has drawn more than 34 bids with a top offer of $78.

Mary Anderson said she placed her father's "ghost" on the online auction site after her son, Collin, said he was afraid the ghost would return someday. Anderson said Collin has avoided going anywhere in the house alone since his grandfather died last year.

In a description titled "This isn't a joke," Anderson told Collin's story on eBay:

"I always thought it was just normal kid fears until a few months ago he told me why he was so scared. He told me 'Grandpa died here, and he was mean. His ghost is still around here!'"

Lest the boy's fears scare off potential bidders, Anderson added, "My dad was the sweetest most caring man you'd ever meet."

Some of the prospective buyers have posted their own messages.

"Your story brought tears to my eyes," one bidder said. "I just wonder how this will turn out for your son. I'm sure his Grandfather loved him very much."

Anderson also put her father's metal walking cane up for auction so she would have something to actually send the winning bidder. The proceeds from the auction will go to buy Collin a special present, she said.

Anderson makes one special request of the winner bidder: "I would like to ask you to write a letter after you've received the cane (and the ghost) to my son letting him know that he's there with you and you're getting along great."

The bidding is due to close Monday afternoon.

A message left with San Jose, Calif.-based eBay Inc. in San Jose, Calif., was not immediately returned Saturday.

Default Re: What are we teaching our children?

That's cute... and crafty. I hope she gets a hell of a lot more than seventy eight dollars. I don't believe in spooks, but in this case I really hope they're out there... and the buyer gets a real wanker of an extraterrestrial. Why is virtue its own reward? Because it has to be.

I wish someone would take my freaking spirit. It lives in the bathroom. It won't go away and likes to attack me and my boyfriend in our sleep. We're supposed to move out in May, but it seems so far away with what sleep we keep missing out on.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    I wish someone would take my freaking spirit. It lives in the bathroom. It won't go away and likes to attack me and my boyfriend in our sleep.
    keep in mind i have no idea what i'm talking about here, but i wonder what would happen if you sacrificed some small animals to it. nothing elaborate; get some mice from the pet shop, offer one up once a day for a week. flush it down the toilet.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

hmmmm?....... that makes me wonder

+ Reply to Thread