+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body Worlds Surveillance cameras capture the theft of 13-week-old plastinated fetus.

and your little dog too

Default Body Worlds Surveillance cameras capture the theft of 13-week-old plastinated fetus.

from nbc

Part Of Exhibit Stolen From Science Center
    Police Study Surveillance Video Of Theft

POSTED: 2:11 pm PST March 29, 2005
    UPDATED: 5:06 pm PST March 29, 2005

LOS ANGELES -- Authorities announced Tuesday afternoon that part of a popular exhibit at the California Science Center was stolen during the weekend.

Part of the "Body Worlds Two" display was stolen at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, according to police. Surveillance cameras captured the theft of a 13-week-old plastinated fetus.

"Body Worlds: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies" features real, preserved human bodies called plastinates. The fetus' tissues were infused with polymers in a process that preserves them from decay indefinitely. The specimen was part of a traveling display entitled "Body Worlds Two: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies."

Police Detective Jimmy Render said a surveillance camera captured two women removing the fetus from an unlocked display case on the third floor. Police are seeking the public's help in identifying the women.

Render said other people were inside the room at the time but they might not have been aware of the theft.

The theft is the first from a California Science Center exhibit since the facility opened in 1998.

Dr. Angelina Whalley, director of the Institute for Plastination, said it is a tragedy that the fetus never made it to life, but "it is a teaching treasure and educational tool which we preserved for the benefit of public knowledge." Whalley is the wife of the inventor of plastination and creator of the exhibit.

Directors said they hope to educate people about health and diseases. They said the exhibit helps people learn about how lifestyles affect bodies.

It drew more than 500,000 visitors locally through January and nearly 16 million worldwide. About 235,000 visitors viewed "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit," the CSC's second best-attended exhibit.

The exhibit features "Suicide by Fat -- Obesity Revealed," which shows fat tissue and how it damages vital organs; a "Cube Head" plastinate 3D puzzle showing the density of the human head; and "Orthopedic Man," demonstrating a variety of surgically implanted orthopedic devices.

Nearly 6,000 people worldwide have signed up to donate their bodies or body parts to the exhibit, which started its international tour in Germany. Potential donors attended an informational meeting last year at the Science Center.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Body Worlds Surveillance cameras capture the theft of 13-week-old plastinated fet

The Russians are claimimg to have Rasputin's Penis Pickled

OEC

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Body Worlds Surveillance cameras capture the theft of 13-week-old plastinated fet

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    The Russians are claimimg to have Rasputin's Penis Pickled

OEC

eww what an ugly ass penis.

what a freak to steal a fetus!

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star

How would you know what Rasputin's penis looks like!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    How would you know what Rasputin's penis looks like!?!?!?
    Click the link in my post . If it's real, it would have been preserved for nearly 100 years. It would not have looked that way when he was alive.

OEC

Default Re: Body Worlds Surveillance cameras capture the theft of 13-week-old plastinated fetus.

Okay cough up the goods. Who here grabbed the plastic fetus?

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Click the link in my post . If it's real, it would have been preserved for nearly 100 years. It would not have looked that way when he was alive.

OEC

yah hehe...i imagine they couldnt preserve it nice and hard like it wouldve been back in the day... poor rasputin has his penis in a jar for the world to see and it's not even hard

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by incog

If they had a better video, I bet some of us would know...

On the otherhand, I watched the video they did have and I didn't see any spooky people grabbing anything, so I'm not sure I appreciate getting the blame without any evidence presented to even imply that it was the spooky girls. If I saw them grab and hide the object, I'd be a lot more interested. Without that, I'm not sure it isn't just some sort of profiling.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Body Worlds Surveillance cameras capture the theft of 13-week-old plastinated fetus.

why the hell would you want a plastinated fetus? sure it might be cool at first and it would make a nice conversation piece if you placed it in your coffe table . but what the hell would compell someone to do it. i think its a bit gross if i was gona steal something from a museum it would be a precious gem or the mona lisa

The good news for today - John Paul II had a contract with Gunther von Hagens from the Body Worlds Surveillence - so the Roman Catholics can KEEP HIM

ps: sorry if I'm attacking personal heros of sb here - Rasputin was one mine....

it probably had something to do with abortion. other than that i dont have a clue...

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    sorry it was me. I got hungry and the snack bar was closed. it tasted like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    The good news for today - John Paul II had a contract with Gunther von Hagens from the Body Worlds Surveillence - so the Roman Catholics can KEEP HIM

ps: sorry if I'm attacking personal heros of sb here - Rasputin was one mine....
    I love Rasputin. I had a khlysty site for awhile. You can see some of the essays at http://oneeyedcat.us . Will have more eventually.

OEC

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star

Now the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Damn it! that fetus would of fed 5 ....damned glutton!..does anyone know where the placenta went?

That's funny. When I was in my last trimester with my first son, the midwives asked us what we wanted to do with the placenta... Well, we just threw ours away, but they said some people eat their placentas--it tastes like liver, I've heard (gross). Other people bury them, some people keep them in the freezer in case of emergency--they think that maybe if their kid was really ill, the placenta blood could have special stuff that might save them...

+ Reply to Thread