+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need to vent.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default I need to vent.

I'm getting really frustrated with the short documentary I'm working on. Grrrr.... I can't get crew. I can't get willing subjects. The tiny bit of footage I've shot is not wonderful partly due to the fact that my crew during those shoots were friends and family that agreed to help and had to be shown last minute how to use the equipment, and I could tell that they didn't understand the majority of what I was talking about. Most of the problems are probably my fault anyway, and that's making me question my own talents and abilities. Aaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!

Sorry for this, but as the title says, I need to vent.
    Last edited by HeadlessBill; 11-13-2005 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Accidentally hit the <RETURN> key.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: I need to vent.

take some pills, then try again, it usually helps me

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Look Very Close At The Screen, Follow These Directions:

Smash Head Here < >

Feeling Any Better? Lol
    Last edited by suicidal_tendencies; 11-13-2005 at 09:33 PM. Reason: duh

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    I'm getting really frustrated with the short documentary I'm working on. Grrrr.... I can't get crew. I can't get willing subjects. The tiny bit of footage I've shot is not wonderful partly due to the fact that my crew during those shoots were friends and family that agreed to help and had to be shown last minute how to use the equipment, and I could tell that they didn't understand the majority of what I was talking about. Most of the problems are probably my fault anyway, and that's making me question my own talents and abilities. Aaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!

Sorry for this, but as the title says, I need to vent.

Don't question yourself...question the idiots around you.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Don't question yourself...question the idiots around you.

great advice

that really sux, sorry to hear it.

I can relate, I've been trying to get a video project together for several months now, and my helpers have been no help at all...

...WTF is so hard about putting on a chicken suit, and a gorilla suit, and fighting it out with a clown with knives, bricks, and pie throwing?

no it really is frustrating to have to wrangle people...I'll be so happy when I have the ability to just animate my stuff...

Thanks for your support guys. And great advice, Evilbink. Something similar to what I tell my friend when they get frustrated, but very hard to take when it happens to yourself. I think it might be the perfectionist in me.

It is frustrating as hell to try and get this stuff done and you aren't getting the help you want and nothing is matching what you have pictured visually in your mind. I think what's bothering me the most is that I'm trying to make something I feel confident enough to submit to film festivals, but so far it seems to be the least professional of anything I've done so far.

How much change a week can make. I now have an interview scheduled on Sunday and someone waiting to be scheduled to be interviewed and someone deciding if she wants to be interviewed (it's an odd story).

I'm still having crew problems, though. And, now I don't have much free time, since finals are coming up.

+ Reply to Thread