+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cry For Dawn's NEW CD "RainyDays and Razorblades"

Default Cry For Dawn's NEW CD "RainyDays and Razorblades"

Cry For Dawn's highly anticpated cd is finally going to be avaible to the public March 20th "Rainy Days and Razorblades" but the the video for the singal "Dead Till We Die" is avaible now off thier site www.cryfordawn.net and if you like it you can preorder the cd, and if you go threw ******* to preorder it you get a limited of time cd and special rare poster with your order... but remember this is the first pressing of only 1000 is limited edition and wont last long so order them well they got them!!!!

and your little dog too

Default Re: Cry For Dawn's NEW CD "RainyDays and Razorblades"

congrats. is that blue blood dana dark on the cover or just a girl who looks kinda like her?

i think it is... but i wouldnt know i just kinda promote

and your little dog too

oh i thought you were in the band. why do you promote them?

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

The name Cry for Dawn isnt trademarked by Joe Linsner?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    The name Cry for Dawn isnt trademarked by Joe Linsner?
    I doubt it...he actually does not own the original anthology series where his character first appeared. He lost it to his partner at the time. Since then he has used Dawn as a seperate entity with assorted titles using the name. In order to get that as a trademark "Cry for Dawn" would have to be an actual series really. He only used it for a few issues back in the 90's. From the sound of his interviews though I doubt he'd even want to have such a title for his character since it would go agaisnt the tone the character Dawn now has...he's made her much more into a goddess now. It's very diffrent from when he first introduced her as a "host" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I doubt it...he actually does not own the original anthology series where his character first appeared. He lost it to his partner at the time. Since then he has used Dawn as a seperate entity with assorted titles using the name. In order to get that as a trademark "Cry for Dawn" would have to be an actual series really. He only used it for a few issues back in the 90's. From the sound of his interviews though I doubt he'd even want to have such a title for his character since it would go agaisnt the tone the character Dawn now has...he's made her much more into a goddess now. It's very diffrent from when he first introduced her as a "host" so to speak.
    Hahahah, your more of a comic geek than me!!! Looking at "Why You Shouldn't Publish Crap" now!!

Ive actually known Joe for about 7 years, I should have just asked him.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Hahahah, your more of a comic geek than me!!! Looking at "Why You Shouldn't Publish Crap" now!!

Ive actually known Joe for about 7 years, I should have just asked him.
    hahaha...yeah I be a super comic geek. I do draw the line at wearing clothes with comic book characters on them though. I meet Joe at a signing once, nothing more then that really. He'd probably give you the right answer as opposed to the comic geek answer that stems from the endless grapevine of people.

Joe's one of those artists that inspires one to want to draw and paint, mainly because he work has that double edged feel to it. On one side a skilled and talented artist can go "I can probably do that" while at the same time making you say "Wow, now that's original". It's like you WANT to be able to draw and paint like him but at the same time you don't cause it would somehow ruin what is so amazing about it.

I remember in an old interview he wanted to do a lingerie line based on the outfits he's put Dawn in over the years...I dunno why but for days I kept wondering "How on earth would anyone be able to MAKE such outfits"...ever since he said that I've never been as impressed with lingerie because I keep wantig to see HIS designs on women...or at least something as inventive.

In that respect he reminds me a bit of Michael Manning. Both have very original styles, character designs, and fanatical followers who want to not only BE the characters they create but dress like them...though in the case of Manning it's much more possible...possibly dangerous in some ways but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    hahaha...yeah I be a super comic geek. I do draw the line at wearing clothes with comic book characters on them though. I meet Joe at a signing once, nothing more then that really. He'd probably give you the right answer as opposed to the comic geek answer that stems from the endless grapevine of people.

Joe's one of those artists that inspires one to want to draw and paint, mainly because he work has that double edged feel to it. On one side a skilled and talented artist can go "I can probably do that" while at the same time making you say "Wow, now that's original". It's like you WANT to be able to draw and paint like him but at the same time you don't cause it would somehow ruin what is so amazing about it.

I remember in an old interview he wanted to do a lingerie line based on the outfits he's put Dawn in over the years...I dunno why but for days I kept wondering "How on earth would anyone be able to MAKE such outfits"...ever since he said that I've never been as impressed with lingerie because I keep wantig to see HIS designs on women...or at least something as inventive.

In that respect he reminds me a bit of Michael Manning. Both have very original styles, character designs, and fanatical followers who want to not only BE the characters they create but dress like them...though in the case of Manning it's much more possible...possibly dangerous in some ways but possible.
    Ahem... I draw the line no where!
    I met him in 99 when I won 3 place in the Dawn look alike contest, then won 1 place in 2002. Weve been friends since 98 though, Ive modeled for him. His gf lives in my city, so hes there often.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Haha....that is awesome. I love that contest. You really went all out by the looks of it too, nice work on the colors, armor, and corset. The hair must have been quite fun. Get any fellow comic geeks drooling? Cause I remember a similar Vampirella contest had quite an effect on various convention goers. Got a bigger image by any chance? I'm curious about some of the details on the boots and such. It's all very impressive...my hat is off to ya.

I was talking more along the lines of wearing those button up shirts with huge comic book characters on them and good ole T-Shirts...mainly cause women tend not to be all that impressed with a guy in a Ghost In The Shell Shirt...they might be in a Grendel one though. haha.

Any plans to do it again? I've always been impressed with how contestants put together the costumes...everytime I think it can't be done in real life someone goes ahead and finds a way.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Ahem... I draw the line no where!
    I met him in 99 when I won 3 place in the Dawn look alike contest, then won 1 place in 2002. Weve been friends since 98 though, Ive modeled for him. His gf lives in my city, so hes there often.
    Yowza! Do you still have that outfit?

Ooh, my inner dork is showing. I've also shot Dawn 1998:

lol... yes i no longer am in the band... however i am at the moment the street team promoter...

look at other Announcement... "Rusted Doll"

yes i do well know about the comic "Dawn" "Crypt of Dawn" "Cry For Dawn" however i dont own any cry for dawn... i dont like crypt of dawn all much...

and BTW!!!! hot hot hot dawn look a like... very very very much well done!!!!!

I love the Dawn costumes. Those are wonderful.

What is a street team promoter?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Yowza! Do you still have that outfit?

Heh hehe, yea I do. I made the armor myself.

Heh hehe, yea I do. I made the armor myself.

Double cool! We've got to shoot you with that.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Double cool! We've got to shoot you with that.
    Oh you'd make this fanboy a very happy man. Hope it happens!

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Ummm... based on the titles, it sounds like screamo or emo or something really cheesy and abraisive. About girlfriends and darkness and ravens. if that is not tthe case, change the titles or youll have a hoard of emo kids at your door.

im not in the band either way cds done and out... check it out

+ Reply to Thread