+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I saw something that...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default I saw something that...

scared me today. Me and my friend were going down the I-5 here and I saw an "Adopt-a-Highway" sign...thats not what scared me...its the ad they had on it.

"toyota.com"

I said to my friend "Now thats fucked up."

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: I saw something that...

what's wrong with toyota???

its just the company that bought ad space on it.. thats all it is.

if i was to adopt a highway, id probably adopt route 666 (though not *techincally* a highway..my purpose would be funny for it)

then as advertising the sign would say "adopted by god.com"

but alas route 666 you cannot adopt in the program...least i never seen signs for it.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

i dont get it

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

the Adopt A Highway programme is where a company sponsors Highway clean up, usually for a 5 mile stretch. This particular stretch of I-5 was sponsored by Toyota.Com.

I don't understand what's scary about it either.

K

ya we have that here ,
    but some part of the highways and interstates some peeps just dont want ,,could be all the accidents i guess??

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, the only sign that would creep me out is one that says it's sponsored by the state prison. who do you think is the one picking up that trash? surely not the folks at toyota. although, since it's true anyway, I guess it wouldn't be much of a shock. if it's good enough for the kkk it's good enough for the kops.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Living in a world run by big corporations...I dunno...Its not REALLY scary, but if its a foreshadow of whats to come...kill me now.

Call me weird if you want but I am a HUGE supporter of local and small businesses, and can't stand BIG corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Living in a world run by big corporations...I dunno...Its not REALLY scary, but if its a foreshadow of whats to come...kill me now.

Call me weird if you want but I am a HUGE supporter of local and small businesses, and can't stand BIG corporations.
    no, it really is scary. I saw bush's speech and that terrified me. The idea that our country has "secret prisons", those were his exact words, for terror suspects (a term that has never been given a specific meaning and by the governments own description can apply to anyone anywhere ) made me immeditaly think Gestapo.

then youd hate disneyland nowadays..where everyride is "sponsered by so so&so" each ride, restraunt and photo ops are all sponsered by a different company.

i think the pirates of the carribbean ride is sponsered by minute maid.

yo ho ho ho, a lemonade's life for me~

ok, so i'm going off topic once again here, but it's not such a far stretch, I'm just going to say whats on my mind. and since these topics are leading me along this line of thinking, I think that i'm not the only one who is thinking about this stuff.

so anyway, here it is. there was this guy that was a member of the CIA, and I don't remember his name, and after he got out spoke about all the shit that they do, ya know the drud smuggling, the death squads, all that stuff... and so some intervier asked him, "If all this stuff you say is really true, then why are you still alive?" and he said, "because they're winning."

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

bring on the blade runner future i say!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

uh did I miss something but haven't the big companys been basicaly running things since well hmm caveman days, besides toyotas cool

+ Reply to Thread