+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Whores of Oligarchy

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default American Whores of Oligarchy

This is beyond disguisting.

Kiev, Ukraine, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- The first round of Ukraine's presidential election has gained the basic approval of a group of Democratic former congressmen paid to observe the vote.

The group declared the Oct. 31 election was basically free and fair and "geared toward the finest methods of ensuring fairness and accuracy," the Washington Post reported Saturday.
    But the assessment contradicts that of European monitors and U.S. state department officials, all of whom cited widespread irregularities and called the election "a step backwards."

The Democrats were recruited -- and paid $500 per day -- by a Washington lobbyist registered as an agent of pro-Russian candidate Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych. He and former Prime Minister Viktor Yushchenko each received 39 percent of the vote.

The Democrats' group was led Rep. Robert Carr, D-Mich., and included Rep. Norman D'Amours of New Hampshire, Ronald Coleman of Texas and Mike Ward of Kentucky plus several former Democratic Congressmen. The entire trip cost $125,000.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Re: American Whores of Oligarchy

Why do I have a funny feeling about observers who are recruited by one or other of the political parties?

Of course, bias is a four-letter word ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Why do I have a funny feeling about observers who are recruited by one or other of the political parties?

Of course, bias is a four-letter word ...
    It's beyond the pail. You hit the 4 letter word right on the head.

OEC

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

its so lovely to see the bad seed of american "democracy" spread to infect other nations

Hula Hoop Supervisor

To be fait it IS the Ukraine...not exactly the shining beacon of freedom. The nation has it's own problems with corruption and only a short time away fromt he thumb of crippling communism...so I really doubt it's so one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    To be fait it IS the Ukraine...not exactly the shining beacon of freedom. The nation has it's own problems with corruption and only a short time away fromt he thumb of crippling communism...so I really doubt it's so one sided.
    The problem being those congressmen supporting the side of corruption and reunification with Russia. Luckily, Bush did not take their word fot it.

OEC

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

well you see slavs want justice and strength, they feel safer with the communism regime then the capitilistic amercanizetaion of their country whihc produce all the gangs and so forth, I know to an american who has a president who wants to spread free democracy to every corner of the world not make sense that a person would want to be a communist bt democracy and capitalism hasn't worked well either. Russians like discipline and uniformity more then thugs and crime...actually who doesn't? prfer the previous to the latter if those are the options? The Ukraine \has had severe problems form the start.With corruntpion in the government and major gang violence.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    well you see slavs want justice and strength, they feel safer with the communism regime then the capitilistic amercanizetaion of their country whihc produce all the gangs and so forth, I know to an american who has a president who wants to spread free democracy to every corner of the world not make sense that a person would want to be a communist bt democracy and capitalism hasn't worked well either. Russians like discipline and uniformity more then thugs and crime...actually who doesn't? prfer the previous to the latter if those are the options? The Ukraine \has had severe problems form the start.With corruntpion in the government and major gang violence.
    My family is from Ukraine. I think most Ukrainians simply want a chance at a decent life. I reject any characterization of "slavs". This election is about throwing out a corrupt regime, not american capitalism. Neither party even believes in land privatization.

OEC

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

My Mother is Ukranian, and is from Kieve...now Kyiv....wasn;t trying to generalize. I agree and I don't think I said anything to different then you did. what I was trying to say is they want stabilty and a chance at a good life and so far things have not been great alot of older people feel safe with a communist style government while the younger generationwant a more liberal westerndemocratic oriented government. Theywant safety and food on the table and honest people running the government.When teh Ukraine started as a new antion they had numerous iner politcal debaucles and back lashes. I just fnished watching the news and from what I saw things are very tense. There are claims of the media being threatend, poll officers threatened and voters assaulted and threatened. I Just hope for the best. I am kinda wondering where goerge W's demand for democracy is in Ukraine. You had the oppurtunity to go to the US how about those that don't? have teh ability to go to the US? Obvioulsy you parents wanted safety and hope so they came to America. As did my mothers parents come to Canada....but my grandparents came under teh communist regime they didn't know they could not go back.Financially Ukraine is in chambles and socially there is alot of injustices occuring daily...Hopefully everything will go alittle more smoothely...but the Group" NOW" says it will take to the streets if the Communist leaning party wins. how will that help anything? it will only make things worse....everyone wanst to be safe and happy everywhere and if they can't they leave for a new life.

CPRB,

I hear you, it's just a tense day over there

Na Zdrovya (To your heath and that of your family)

OEC

+ Reply to Thread