+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7-7-07

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default 7-7-07

I am currently anxiously awaiting the birth of my sister's first child. My brother-in-law and I are being a bit playful with the thought of his being on 7-7--07. I was curious if anyone puts any significance on this day or number?

There is actutally but one biblical reference to 777. This is the age at which Lamech, father of Noah, is reported to have died (Genesis 5:31) Other references include the Number of Verses in Genesis being 777+777-21 (ie 7+7+7). There is little actual evidence of it being considered the Number of God or Heaven in any christian context.

777 appears with greater frequency in esoteric literature. This ranges from Blavatsky to Crowley. Personally, I do believe in synchronicity yet find most of the 777 mythos to be more a source of entertainment.

I am putting great significance on this day, however. It marks the beginning of a new evolution, a new generation of my family. For me personally, it marks the start of a new project. Does 777 mean anything to anyone here? Hocus Pocus? Fun with numbers? A New Dawn?

Jackie T

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Re: 7-7-07

haha...

we have such important stuff on the TV news here in Sydneythat it was a big item... bubs born, people totally booking out marriage celebrants etc. It got the same attention as the (less interesting to me) kick-off Earth concert we had here today. I think the Rio one is cancelled... oh no.

I remember last year 6-6-06 with greater fondness and couldn't believe the panic people were going into that day.

We used to have a pretty cool pool hall here run by Chinese simply called '888' which is something to do with prosperity apparently... something like year of the whatever it is now (pig?). Anyway we have not long to wait now... roll on 8-8-08.

There is a bar in the city near where I work called "333" bar... my guess is that means something like "good luck for picking up if you don't mind bad luck in finding somewhere to sit down".

Numbers are fun. I do like numbers but have never researched them really. At work the other day someone seemed to think that there was some sort of comfortable eastern symmetry in the fact that the software developers wanted 8 servers for their Development environment and 4 for the actual Production environment which anyone else actually sees or uses. Still can't quite work out what that symmetry is that she was talking about but I pretended I did to so as not to make her feel silly.

999 was an English band just before even my time!

444 seems unfashionable as does 222. They add to3 and6 respectively so maybe they are being unfairly overlooked. 111 sounds pretty cool... adds to 3 if you look at it that way... a nice strong number. 666 adds to 6... not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    haha...

we have such important stuff on the TV news here in Sydneythat it was a big item... bubs born, people totally booking out marriage celebrants etc. It got the same attention as the (less interesting to me) kick-off Earth concert we had here today. I think the Rio one is cancelled... oh no.

I remember last year 6-6-06 with greater fondness and couldn't believe the panic people were going into that day.

We used to have a pretty cool pool hall here run by Chinese simply called '888' which is something to do with prosperity apparently... something like year of the whatever it is now (pig?). Anyway we have not long to wait now... roll on 8-8-08.

There is a bar in the city near where I work called "333" bar... my guess is that means something like "good luck for picking up if you don't mind bad luck in finding somewhere to sit down".

Numbers are fun. I do like numbers but have never researched them really. At work the other day someone seemed to think that there was some sort of comfortable eastern symmetry in the fact that the software developers wanted 8 servers for their Development environment and 4 for the actual Production environment which anyone else actually sees or uses. Still can't quite work out what that symmetry is that she was talking about but I pretended I did to so as not to make her feel silly.

999 was an English band just before even my time!

444 seems unfashionable as does 222. They add to3 and6 respectively so maybe they are being unfairly overlooked. 111 sounds pretty cool... adds to 3 if you look at it that way... a nice strong number. 666 adds to 6... not bad!
    When I googled it, I did see a few mentions of an upsurge in marriage generally. My sense is this is due to the more dubious connections with Heaven and Monotheism. haha also I suppose it is damn easy to remember the anniversaries. 6-6-6 was pretty funny. People always seem to associate with "bad luck" as opposed to just the Day of Man or The Beast I haven't researched numerology much either. It just kind of all converged this year. 111 is cool. 1919 is a cool band. Bauhaus was originally Bauhaus 1919. I'd have to look up the significance of the year in Weimar Germany. I have never heard 999. Do you know any reason for that number?

Jackie T

The world is misinformed about 7 + 7 + 7.
    Everybody says its all heavenly..but its not..the truth is..

It's the best day to go to Las Vegas..and hear those immortal words..

BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    The world is misinformed about 7 + 7 + 7.
    Everybody says its all heavenly..but its not..the truth is..

It's the best day to go to Las Vegas..and hear those immortal words..

BLACKJACK!

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

[quote=Jackie T.]When I googled it, ... I have never heard 999. Do you know any reason for that number?/quote]
    I just googled "999" and they were the first hit. slightly before my time but fairly well known. http://www.nineninenine.cjb.net/

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

999 is the number for the emergency services in the UK, probably why they chose that as their name.
    I was always lead to believe that 777 was the number of God, (Father, Son & Holy Ghost) as 666 is associated with the Devil.

[quote=helcyon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    When I googled it, ... I have never heard 999. Do you know any reason for that number?/quote]
    I just googled "999" and they were the first hit. slightly before my time but fairly well known. http://www.nineninenine.cjb.net/
    My first observation was a possible inversion of 666 (which I've never heard to date) I'll have to read some lyrics.

Jackie T.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    999 is the number for the emergency services in the UK, probably why they chose that as their name.
    I was always lead to believe that 777 was the number of God, (Father, Son & Holy Ghost) as 666 is associated with the Devil.
    That sounds more plausible. 777 is considered the number of God by many, but the actual biblical connections are pretty tenuous. If you include linguistic though, you come up with a better case.
    • The Christ said: "I am the resurrection". In Greek, resurrection is written "h anastasiV", numbering 777 = 8+1+50+1+200+300+1+200+10+6.
    • In the first verse of the Bible, it is written: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Gn 1,1) This verse consists of 7 Hebrew words and 28 letters, and it also counts three names: God, heavens and earth. The sum of the numerical values of each one gives 777: God = 86, paradise = 395 and earth = 296, where 86+395+296 = 777.
    • Written in Hebrew, "Orthodox Messiah", gives 777: he, mem, shin, yod, heth, daleth, taw and yod, giving 5+40+300+10+8+4+400+10 = 777.
    • Written in Hebrew, "YHWH in the YESHUA Messiah", gives 777: yod, he, waw, he, beth, yod, shin, waw, ayin, he, mem, shin, yod and heth, giving 10+5+6+5+2+10+300+6+70+5+40+300+10+8 = 777.
    • Written in Hebrew, "YESHUA saves", gives 777: yod, shin, waw, ayin, he, waw, shin, yod and ayin, giving 10+300+6+70+5+6+300+10+70 = 777.
    • By using the ASCII table, we find that the French word "EXORCISTES" (exorcists) gives 777.
    • The numerical value of the Hebrew word NMLA IVMM, meaning "filled with light", gives 777.
    http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu777.php

My familiarity is more with Orthodoxy. The Old Testament includes the Septuagint. They favor Greek versions which deny most 777 references except the first mentioned above.

On a sidenote, massive theories have risen over the 7/7/2005 bombings in the UK. The most obvious being 7/7/2+5. The theories get pretty whacky from there. I do believe, however, that the major terrorist attacks are being carried out on dates that lead to conspiracy theories. 9-1-1? I attribute this only to the cleverness of the major terrorist groups. At this point, I think we're being hit (and will be hit) by copycats and groups lacking the knowledge of the originals. The numerology was simply meant to mindfuck us.

Jackie T

+ Reply to Thread