+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dog Owners

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Default Dog Owners

So it's about 10 at night, dark out and I'm jogging around this lake. This guy comes by with his dog and the dog kind of take a few step towards me and this guy freaks out, saying he's sorry and I'm pretty sure he hits the dog. I felt like telling the guy off, if a dog isnt suppossed to go after a guy running towards you when its pitch black outside then whats the point. People freak out all the time when dogs bark at people but they're suppossed to do that. Its why you get a dog, for protection. My dog barks at strangers, and I couldnt be happier. She's protecting me, and if someone tries to break into my house, I know she'll be all over them. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Dog Owners

Some people would freak and call the cops on the guy and try to get his dog killed just because it scared them, even if it didn't do anything at all, so apologizing to you and looking like he doesn't want the dog to do that probably keeps his dog safe.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Well at the same time you need to look at the other side...for every smart dog owner there are 3 or 4 who let their dog roam around like it'll never harm a fly...and then it inevitably does.

Plus being on the recieveing end of a dog attack is not fun let me tell ya...to this day I eye dogs with a cautious eye and keep a pocket knife handy just in case...one guy here walks his rottweilers without leashes...and time and time again he is warned and ignores it.

Damn things chased me one time...you've not seen funny till you see a fella with a broken leg trying to run away from dogs like that. I cracked one upside the head intime with my crutch before it bit down so I lucked out. When I got better I got even with the bastard but that's another story.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

okay I own a dog and she is well trained, she comes when called sits and stays and everything esle it took alot of work..but she loves people..and likes to jump< i spend every day workoig with her not to becasue I fear some asshole will take it the wrong way, I don't have many friends and right now that dog is keeping me a very happy person, I don't need insecure wankers taking a playful jump the wrong way. so I see bith sides...personally I blame the poor dog owner who don't train thier dogs for the problem

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    ...personally I blame the poor dog owner who don't train thier dogs for the problem
    Even then though...dog owners forget that their pets are still animals..not lil people. They are prone to snap and bite people out of the blue and stories abound of "My dog never did that..."

All I ask is that they keep their pet well enough away from me and mine...their should not be cases of dogs wandering around unsupervised (Happens all to regularly where I live) or of incidents where pets are left to their own will (like owners who let their dogs run ahead of them on sidewalks even when they see people coming down the block).

Now the reason I may sound a bit hard edged about it is that no one here has those lil "purse" dogs...they all have big bastards with sharp teeth and incidents have occured...so to me I don't see a kind gentle animal...I see a flea bag with teeth. It may jsut be my neighborhood but somehow I manged to land in the middle of a gathering spot for idiot pet owners.

+ Reply to Thread