+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do in Cali?

DescendingAngel's Avatar Member

Default What to do in Cali?

Sin and I are planning to take my 8 year old daughter to California this summer. Any tips on places to go?

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Default Re: What to do in Cali?

It depends on what you want to see. Cali has lots of amusement parks. There's lots of cities and smaller cities that are really fun to be in.

San Fran has lots of night life if you look in the Bay Guardian or some publication like that, and MOMA, downtown shopping etc., but I'm not sure what kids would like besides IMAX or the Exploratorium. I went to SF when I was 11, and we saw the twistiest street, Fisherman's Wharf, and Chinatown.

I went to LA and crashed some dance parties, and went shopping during the day. Not sure what kids do in LA though.

There's beaches in San Diego that are great, and S.D. also has the zoo and the "safari" tour of their game park, and I think SeaWorld. There's Balboa Park which is really beautiful, and I used to go seashell collecting in the tidepools in La Jolla. You can also snorkel there too.

I hope this helps.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: What to do in Cali?

I love the Exploratorium! I used to go there all the time when I was much younger. That and the de Young museum. San Fran is a lot of fun.

+ Reply to Thread