+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bootlegging! Wheeeee!

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

Default Bootlegging! Wheeeee!

What is your opinion on bootlegging, say, music videos? So far, RIAA and our government here in America have said no to downloading mp3's by way of P2P servers. How do you feel about music videos?

Is it something Corporations like Viacom and RIAA should keep watch over? Is it something that the "artists" themselves should have control over? What about the Directors, or the people who produced it?

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Default Re: Bootlegging! Wheeeee!

Oooo, opening up the old bag of snakes! Boo hoo, I thought we were going to talk about corn liquor (Kentucky-Applachia style)!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i wish i had easier access to large avi file music vidoes! i think its great because half of the music videos dont have DVDs and i love music videos

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

fuck record companies download like crazy its not like they need the money and besides musicians dont make shit from royalties unles theyre established and then they dont need em

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

im all for piracy but ive said it before if you realy like a band you should buy their album to support them

ill only buy the record if its on vinyl if not i just go to the bands shows they get more support that way anyways oh yeah and i buy their t-shirts

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    ill only buy the record if its on vinyl if not i just go to the bands shows they get more support that way anyways oh yeah and i buy their t-shirts
    you should only wear a band shirt if you got it at one of their shows but thats just me otherwise its just pointless in my opinion

yeah I always get them at the shows or i get them from the bands website if possible

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

exactly, I'll support my band by going to the show, that way it's a mutual thing. and if I like thier shit i'll but it there, cuz it's going to be cheaper and better than some crap their label sells and that they get a shit profit from anyways. but art should be free to all. no exceptions. and if a band doesn't want you to listen to them unless you pay up, fuck em. they ain't no freinda mine.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

I have a good supply of illegal dvds and cds and I file share!!! Of course I'll buy the real thing if its good enough, however I dont download any music videos as I dont really see the point I get bored of the musicvideo after a couple of viewings I get bored of them not the music just the 3 minutes or more of video. The only thing I dont lke is when the bootlegged dvd's have been filmed at the cinema the screen is generally cut down to a tiny part of the original picture the sound is crap occasionally and you can here the audience laughing. I even have one bootlegged dvd (the day after tommorow) that every 20 minutes a message pops up on the screen saying "tony elvis is a dick"

+ Reply to Thread