+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bradley Cooper to Play Eric Draven in Crow Remake

Default Bradley Cooper to Play Eric Draven in Crow Remake

So they are rebooting The Crow franchise. Watchmen (and forthcoming Ninja Scroll) screenwriter Alex Tse seems like a reasonable choice. But Bradley Cooper? I mean, I think he is great. I loved The Hangover. But I'm just really really not seeing Bradley Cooper as Eric Draven. Bradley Cooper is a good-looking guy, of a flavor I do not even halfway like. He's a good actor too. But that just seems like such obvious Tom-Cruise-as-Lestat action there.

This probably comes as no surprise, given...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Bradley Cooper to Play Eric Draven in Crow Remake

So, wait... you're saying that some one is making some sort of movie?

And it's a remake?

Do go on...

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

You know Buster, I honestly can't tell if you are trying to be funny these days or just annoying.

So far there is nothing about the remake rumors that excites me.

Bradley Cooper may or may not be good in the role, I can't honestly think of any role I have seen him in that would stand out for it. Of course I am among the haters who thinks that, while Tom Cruise exceeded our expectations in Vampire, he was still pretty bland compared to, well a thousand character actors. So Cooper reaching Tom Cruise levels doesn't excite me.

Alex Tse did a good job with watchmen, but there is nothing else really under his belt. Maybe Sucker Free city was brilliant, but I have heard nothing.

So i wait with low expectations and wonder if, as much as I loved the crow, they can extract everything 90s from it and still make it have a good solid atmosphere.

Maybe when they have some more rumors.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem View Post
    So far there is nothing about the remake rumors that excites me.

Bradley Cooper may or may not be good in the role, I can't honestly think of any role I have seen him in that would stand out for it. Of course I am among the haters who thinks that, while Tom Cruise exceeded our expectations in Vampire, he was still pretty bland compared to, well a thousand character actors. So Cooper reaching Tom Cruise levels doesn't excite me.

Alex Tse did a good job with watchmen, but there is nothing else really under his belt. Maybe Sucker Free city was brilliant, but I have heard nothing.

So i wait with low expectations and wonder if, as much as I loved the crow, they can extract everything 90s from it and still make it have a good solid atmosphere.

Maybe when they have some more rumors.

Totally there with you. I guess Interview with the Vampire made money because the equation seems kinda the same.

Tom Cruise:
    Good-looking enough for being laughably the wrong flavor
    Fresh-faced, eye-twinkling, too many teeth look
    Good actor
    Performed better than people expected, but, with such loooooooow expections, kinda so what
    Probably permanently damaged his career
    Definitely made the movie less appealing than it should have been

6. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Amelia G For This Useful Post:

BiggTruxx (07-16-2011)

interview with a Vampire made money because it was a solid script based on a popular book with equally popular actors. But truth be told, the money it made was pretty disappointing compared to its potential. Tom cruise was on a hot streak at the time and Brad Pit was on the beginning of his own rise. The book was a mad success and the genre (vampires, goth, all that kind of thing) was exploding. Interview did great financially, but it should have exploded.

Meanwhile, the crow with a cast of no one you heard of unless you watched bad action movies or really liked character actors, that was based on a comic with a slim fraction of the fanbase that Interview had at the time made half as much on a quarter of the budget.

I doubt they will recreate the success of the first without some serious work, but my usual fear is they will try to make it a big budget FX showcase. Cooper, well he is still a wildcard to me. I may pull up Midnight Meat Train to see, but truth be told, rapid fire gave me no clue that Brandon Lee would rock face in the original movie, so I just keep chanting "please don't make it 3-D, please don't make it 3D". And for the love of all that's decent and good in the world, don't put Zach Galifianakis in the movie, at all.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

For the love of all that's decent in the world, STOP REMAKING GREAT MOVIES! They never turn out as good as the originals were. It's sad that Hollywood has lost all original ideas and 90% of the movies that come out are remakes, sequels, or based on a book/comic book.

9. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to nathanmbailey For This Useful Post:

BiggTruxx (07-16-2011)
    aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem View Post
    interview with a Vampire made money because it was a solid script based on a popular book with equally popular actors. But truth be told, the money it made was pretty disappointing compared to its potential. Tom cruise was on a hot streak at the time and Brad Pit was on the beginning of his own rise. The book was a mad success and the genre (vampires, goth, all that kind of thing) was exploding. Interview did great financially, but it should have exploded.

Meanwhile, the crow with a cast of no one you heard of unless you watched bad action movies or really liked character actors, that was based on a comic with a slim fraction of the fanbase that Interview had at the time made half as much on a quarter of the budget.

I doubt they will recreate the success of the first without some serious work, but my usual fear is they will try to make it a big budget FX showcase. Cooper, well he is still a wildcard to me. I may pull up Midnight Meat Train to see, but truth be told, rapid fire gave me no clue that Brandon Lee would rock face in the original movie, so I just keep chanting "please don't make it 3-D, please don't make it 3D". And for the love of all that's decent and good in the world, don't put Zach Galifianakis in the movie, at all.
    i would be one of those. knowing who brandon lee was going into his filming of the crow, i often have wondered how well it would have done if he hadnt of died during its production. i know way too many people who seemed to only have seen it because he died. and they make me feel like they had only seen it because of that. i am a big fan of the movie - from the original crow graphic and jame o'barr's other creations, to just about every artist on both the soundtrack and score.

if interview had been better cast, it may have turned into the twilight of our earlier generation. as it was, it turned off most anne rice fans, from both her later writings and vampires in general.

11. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to aXa For This Useful Post:

BiggTruxx (07-16-2011)
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the first movie was OK....but I didn't think it was as great as whoever told me to see it said it was..................I enjoyed the comic more
    ....just can't get excited about a remake

Not sure if it is nostalgia (the killer of great men) or real love when I think back on both of those films. I remember my girlfriend at the time, who had read all of Rice's novels, hated Tom Cruise but admitted that he kinda pulled it off. She was upset about Antonio B. as Armand, not b/c she didn't like him, but because Armand was supposed to be more of a "boy." The Crow was a huge movie among my crowd. Even today, most people I know catch it every year at Halloween, even pre-empting the standard horror films. Anyone with some semblance of a romantic streak can't help but love it. And the soundtrack is bomb. Two words: "Skank's dead." My other comes out of nowhere with that line about once per year and we laugh so damn hard.

Anyway, Hollywood is boring the past few years... Stolen ideas, remakes, cliches, plot holes, dickandfart jokes, misogyny... Blah blah... So why not reboot The Crow?

+ Reply to Thread