+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caught in a mosh

Default Caught in a mosh

Do any of you really get into the mosh. I know you're goths, but I'm not pulling any stereotypes out of my ass about slow lumbering shit (and yes, Collide rulz ass) so what stories do you have? I have a few, but I'll save some of those for a bit later. I just like the fact that I can go to a Slayer show and go so hard that I eventually clear the pit. It's been a while, though... I hope I haven't lost it in my old age (25 in Jan. I'm getting on ) Plus I'd like to hear what kind of shit you all like which is really raucous. I have heard talk about Sepultura, and despite the fact that I hate them, it is a good start. Still, tell me your episodes of mayhem. Been to see Emperor at all?

Love, JJ Slash

Default Re: Caught in a mosh

there's a time and place for it, and a way to do it right.

high school kids attempting to slam dance at The fucking Cramps got me into a couple fights, but you'd expect it at an Agnostic Front show.

plus, everybody loves a good circle pit!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

haha. agnostic front made me laugh, when I saw them they were all about "skinhead pride" and other such bullshit. remember in the 80's when thier lead singer sported a puffy silver 'do ala fuckin andy warhol? skinhead indeed. although thier song "fuck you mayor guiliani" was crude, I admire the sentiment.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I love moshing, I tend to always get hurt while doing it. It's okay though, you have to a pay a price for a little fun. & usalualy, someone helps pick me off the floor before I get trampled. I think it's such an awsome way to use energy. I've never got into a fight from moshing alone, I had a girl come up & hit me afterword once though (I think someone threw me into her or something?) I don't have any stories, the only story I wish I could be telling you happened, I don't know if it happened. but there was some kid at this Hatebreed/Unearth/some other band show who had this 3" inch saftey pin pierced through his eyebrow. I was just waiting to see someone yank that out. It would have been a bloody mess, but ever so funny. unfortenitly my lady friend who occompinied me to the concert insisted we leave. so I didn't get to see it happen, but from what I heard afterword the concert turned rather violent & they had to pepper spray the crowd. Hatebreed didn't even perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    I love moshing, I tend to always get hurt while doing it. It's okay though, you have to a pay a price for a little fun. & usalualy, someone helps pick me off the floor before I get trampled. I think it's such an awsome way to use energy. I've never got into a fight from moshing alone, I had a girl come up & hit me afterword once though (I think someone threw me into her or something?) I don't have any stories, the only story I wish I could be telling you happened, I don't know if it happened. but there was some kid at this Hatebreed/Unearth/some other band show who had this 3" inch saftey pin pierced through his eyebrow. I was just waiting to see someone yank that out. It would have been a bloody mess, but ever so funny. unfortenitly my lady friend who occompinied me to the concert insisted we leave. so I didn't get to see it happen, but from what I heard afterword the concert turned rather violent & they had to pepper spray the crowd. Hatebreed didn't even perform.
    Sounds lovely. And yeah, people can do some pretty stupid shit in the heat of the moment. People aren't always what they seem, though. Once I put some 6'3 guy on his ass in a pit. Just rammed into him so hard he almost cried, I am told.

This all part of the fun. I'll share one or two stories. I don't have as many as I would like to have, but it's hard to get to shows for me because I don't drive and have no one to go with who does. Still, interesting things are bound to happen if you hang around long enough.

one of the funnest shows, also a shitty one, was Corpse Ignitor. The venue wouldn't let them play a floor show and insisted that the band play on the stage or not at all, at that point I said " fuck these guys. let's go to the park." so we left and took away all the business from the venue, and everyone drove to the park. Once the band started playing, the guitarist tried to ram the audience, got caught up on his chord, and fell down tearing his shoulder strap. at that point he proceeded to throw down his guitar and run into the crowd and start punching people. haha. but then the show got boring so some kids parcticed rolling around on over-turned garbage cans, and we played a hardcore game of frisbee.

Well, it's all pretty cool. I saw Hatebreed once when they openned up for Motorhead. It was a pretty good show, but we were at the lyric and I guess Kitchenerites don't much go for the straight mosh. It was a lot of older people, anyway. Some punx were in for one of the openning acts, but it wasn't much of a ruckus. We tried to start a pit, but no one was getting into it.

Once I was at a Megadeth show. Endo openned up for them, and I was disgusted at their poor reception from the audience. At one point I grabbed my friend and we started throwing poeple around. At one point we were just driving at each other. Then I noticed something, so we held up and sure enough a large circle formed around us and poeple were just standing there still glaring at us. I yelled "WHAT THE FUCK!" and glared back and they looked away. It was actually pretty pathetic. They were throwing water bottles at the band.

Megadeth were great, though. One guy cracked his head open on the rail, and I wish it were me. I really don't have any scars from concerts, mostly due to my weight and low center of gravity. Me and this goth kid and one or two other guys were the ones really keeping things moving. We tossed poeple around as much as possible. It's a shame peopel actually need an incentive to keep going, but they just need to realize they have to push the limits.

Anyway, any other stories people have would be cool. It's been a while since my last pit, so wet me lips.

Love, JJ Slash

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    one of the funnest shows, also a shitty one, was Corpse Ignitor. The venue wouldn't let them play a floor show and insisted that the band play on the stage or not at all, at that point I said " fuck these guys. let's go to the park." so we left and took away all the business from the venue, and everyone drove to the park. Once the band started playing, the guitarist tried to ram the audience, got caught up on his chord, and fell down tearing his shoulder strap. at that point he proceeded to throw down his guitar and run into the crowd and start punching people. haha. but then the show got boring so some kids parcticed rolling around on over-turned garbage cans, and we played a hardcore game of frisbee.
    Haha, that's priceless. I remember one time at one of my brother's shows his lead sing got off stage and started pushing this one kid around for throwing shit at him. He was just some gino kid, dumbass punk.

It was actually a pretty nifty show---right down to the tampons with salsa on them. There was also the eating of the raw pig heart, which was priceless. They really did pretty well considering they didn't know what they were doing. I got pulled out of the pit by my mother, though (give me a break, I was 15).

I was all pretty annoying at one point or another. Of course, I broke something of my mother's and felt better later. Still it would have been super! My friend Jeremy's band didn't even get a rise out of the audience, so when my brother's band generated all the hubub he took it pretty hard.

I don't really blame him, but he still needed to shut the fuck up, because shock sells. I'd never go to a Gwar show for the music.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Moshing...that is what us old hags used to call slam dancin right?. lol...well, back in the drug induced punk era we use to sew razor blades into our clothes and slam/stage dive..the idea was to be the bloodiest...I remember an old Motorhead show that kicked ass and was especially bloody...today I just watch...I have no desire to relive my youth...*grinz*

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Moshing...that is what us old hags used to call slam dancin right?. lol...well, back in the drug induced punk era we use to sew razor blades into our clothes and slam/stage dive..the idea was to be the bloodiest...I remember an old Motorhead show that kicked ass and was especially bloody...today I just watch...I have no desire to relive my youth...*grinz*
    That's actually really creative. I think it would be swell, but I don't want to fuck up my bomber. Perhaps if I just got my denim jacket out. Still, I'd jsut be happy with fucking the pit up.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

What I like to do to moshers is hook my leg around their shins and push on their legs making them smack face first into the floor. Fuck moshing, I'm there to see the band, not to get pushed around by some fucking retards.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

the first time i ended up in a pit i was out w/ my brother and some of his friends and didnt really know where i was going or what we would be doing. i love wearing shirts, so that nite i wore one, and ended up moshing in a shirt, i do not advise this!

my knee is still there different shades of purple from the last pit i was in, i think there was some permanent damage, woke up 2 days ago, stretched out and my knee cracked loud enough to wake up my friend in the other room!

fucking hard core

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

A few years back I pulled 2 teeth out of my scalp after a Government Issue show. Beyond that, only a broken nose and 2 broken toes.

I tend to stay away from the pit these days, too many whiners and meatheads. Everybody wants to fight over some stupid shit. It seems all too rare these days to see moshers helping other moshers up.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaLion
    A few years back I pulled 2 teeth out of my scalp after a Government Issue show. Beyond that, only a broken nose and 2 broken toes.

I tend to stay away from the pit these days, too many whiners and meatheads. Everybody wants to fight over some stupid shit. It seems all too rare these days to see moshers helping other moshers up.
    I dunno, I think the pit is ok. At least in Canada people are pretty good. I've never fallen and not been helped up by at least 3 people (but I only really fell at my first real show).

I would suggest wearing steel-toed boots to concerts. They'll save your toes. As for the broken nose, it's all part of the territory. I've just never really gotten badly fucked up in the pit. I seem to be in pretty good control in those situations.

Love, JJ Slash

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by J Jack Slash
    I dunno, I think the pit is ok. At least in Canada people are pretty good. I've never fallen and not been helped up by at least 3 people (but I only really fell at my first real show).

I would suggest wearing steel-toed boots to concerts. They'll save your toes. As for the broken nose, it's all part of the territory. I've just never really gotten badly fucked up in the pit. I seem to be in pretty good control in those situations.

Love, JJ Slash
    yeah, steel toes...lessons learned.

Dude... I had a Halloween party in my basement. It's pretty small, so there were only about twenty people, and at any given time there were 4 or 5 on stage. But everyone started moshing, and everyone got injured - even the airheads who invited themselves, the cousin of one of the guitarists, and this girl who lives down the street.
    I ended up with a nosebleed, and didn't know it till the next morning, a friend got kicked in the balls, and punched in face, the two girls got spat on (though they don't know it, they think it was just water), and everyone got slammed into the walls. We did some serious damage to the room too - knocked the cabinet off the wall, and the plaster from around the window started to come off in massive chunks. No one even noticed!

Quote Originally Posted by franziska
    Dude... I had a Halloween party in my basement. It's pretty small, so there were only about twenty people, and at any given time there were 4 or 5 on stage. But everyone started moshing, and everyone got injured - even the airheads who invited themselves, the cousin of one of the guitarists, and this girl who lives down the street.
    I ended up with a nosebleed, and didn't know it till the next morning, a friend got kicked in the balls, and punched in face, the two girls got spat on (though they don't know it, they think it was just water), and everyone got slammed into the walls. We did some serious damage to the room too - knocked the cabinet off the wall, and the plaster from around the window started to come off in massive chunks. No one even noticed!
    Now that sounds like a pimpin' good time. Can I come over for the next one? I promise to just break people rather than your house. Thing is I used to hang out with some rappers in high school, and one day I threw on Sepultura and started throwing them around... instant mosh.. despite the fact that they sucked at it. We broke some vase -- there was only three of us -- and it was pretty decent for three people, considering the company.

I have never been to what I would call a great party, though. There was the one time I tried to jump off a 7 or 8 foot ledge to the ground softened by the rain. I ended up fucking up my ankle majorly and was incapacitated for a few days. All good times. I love doing stupid shit.

Love, JJ Slash

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

LOl I was in a mosh pit once for this touring metal band from.. I think Quebec?
    Their names 'neckbeard' if anyones heard of them. To make a long story short into the pit I go and I catch a headbutt in the brow. Keep moshing through the entire set not even caring. Band starts clearing the stage after and I check my brow BLOOD pouring all the way down the left side of my face.

Lol I didn't even notice. I must have been in there bleeding on everyone in sight. Good times although I stained my tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    LOl I was in a mosh pit once for this touring metal band from.. I think Quebec?
    Their names 'neckbeard' if anyones heard of them. To make a long story short into the pit I go and I catch a headbutt in the brow. Keep moshing through the entire set not even caring. Band starts clearing the stage after and I check my brow BLOOD pouring all the way down the left side of my face.

Lol I didn't even notice. I must have been in there bleeding on everyone in sight. Good times although I stained my tie.
    Sounds pretty intense. I took it to the head once and got knocked on my ass a bit. Still got back in there, though. I'd like to see a show in the states. I hear it's a whole lot crazier than in Canada. I went to see Pantera a little while ago and Phil said we were the best crowd he'd ever had in Canada, but I'm not sure what that's saying. Still, I don't think it will be all that different, I just regret not yet having any scars. I just figure I was too heavy to really get fucked up all that bad (I used to weigh like 250lbs) so perhaps at my next show I'll get some nifty marks.

Love, JJ Slash

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    What I like to do to moshers is hook my leg around their shins and push on their legs making them smack face first into the floor. Fuck moshing, I'm there to see the band, not to get pushed around by some fucking retards.
    Careful with that behavior. Back at Clash of the Titans during Anthrax's "I am the Law", we had a good old circle pit going pretty strong. Someone thought it was cute to stick their foot out and trip us. Notice they didnt have the balls to get in, just stand on the border and trip folks. Well, I had about enough of that shit and when his leg came out in front of me, my Doc came down on the top of his knee. He didnt seem to be quite as interested in fucking with us after that.
    That being said, I agree that there are people who dont want to mosh, and there are assholes who feel the need to accost them. WHY? The way I see it, if there not into it, leave em alone! Im turning 31 in a few months, so I dont join in every pit I see (still cant pass up Slayer tho!!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    Careful with that behavior. Back at Clash of the Titans during Anthrax's "I am the Law", we had a good old circle pit going pretty strong. Someone thought it was cute to stick their foot out and trip us. Notice they didnt have the balls to get in, just stand on the border and trip folks. Well, I had about enough of that shit and when his leg came out in front of me, my Doc came down on the top of his knee. He didnt seem to be quite as interested in fucking with us after that.
    That being said, I agree that there are people who dont want to mosh, and there are assholes who feel the need to accost them. WHY? The way I see it, if there not into it, leave em alone! Im turning 31 in a few months, so I dont join in every pit I see (still cant pass up Slayer tho!!!!).
    Yeah, that's seriously uncool. At most of the shows I have seen there is a real sense of comradery. But at Emperor I still got some asshole trying to knock me down, so I rammed him and put him on his ass. I don't get it, a lot of the time; I wonder why people want to fuck with moshers, because most of them are a whole lot crazier than these cunts who sit at the side lines.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Hey now, nobody claimed we were all Goths, hahahaha... We're just punks that probably know how to but our eyeliner on right...

Pits in Los Angeles such though. I miss East Coast shows.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've been in a few pretty fun pits. Steel-toed boots are indeed a must; first pit I was ever in I didn't have 'em and I ended up breaking three toes.

Skinny little bastard that I am, I generally would get knocked around pretty hard in the pits. Didn't usually get hurt too bad, except for this one time. At one point when the pit slowed down a bunch as bands were switching, I happened to look down at my arm after realizing it hurt like a goddamn son of a bitch, and noticed my forearm was pretty well covered in blood. After yanking a tooth out of the skin, I discovered what my arm bone looks like. Took quick break to get that bandaged up and then I was right back in. That one left a pretty awesome scar.

worst pitt was at the circle jerks, when I feel down and my glasses flew off my head, and then a couple people tried to pill me up and I shruged them off and lunged for my fallen glasses... only to have five more people grab me and pull me up, I was like gee thanks guys... needless to say my best pair of glasses got oblitterated.

That's a pretty funky story, Glitch; and probably pretty unique. Glory, this is why you should have a strap around the back of your glasses *grin*

+ Reply to Thread