+ Reply to Thread

Thread: catholics .v.s. H.P.V.

Blitz's Avatar mydickisinthewhatnow?

Default catholics .v.s. H.P.V.

So get this load of shit:
    In alberta, the catholic church wants to ban the H.P.V. vaccine
    to girl's in their catholic school's claiming it "condone's sex"!
    As we all know "catholic school girls ruuule"(r.h.c.p.).
    I think if it were up to the catholic church we'd still be living in caves use'n rocks to make fire.

So what do you guy's make of it?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: catholics .v.s. H.P.V.

Wow, what is their rationale for how that condones sex? Is it just the mention of girl parts that gets them all worked up?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I guess they figure that it's an out. If you're vaccinated it means you can go out and have all the pre-marital sex you want and not have to worry about HPV. Just like birth control, condoms, sex education, and abortion.
    So, instead of teaching kids about these things so they know what they're getting into and can make informed decisions for themselves, we'll just hide behind our ignorance/religion, force our own beliefs on people and when someone contracts one of the many wonderful and exciting STD's life has to offer or gets knocked up we can shun them and make them feel like shit, because after all, they're sinners and obviously get what they deserve right?
    I'm not saying all catholics are like this but they are out there.
    And this is all fine if that's what you believe and make those choices for yourself but I don't think it's right to force things like this on others. This acutally really pisses me off. I just think people should have all the information that's available before they make decisions that will affect their well being.
    Plus, I went to catholic school. Boys and girls are not getting together on Friday nights to discuss the word of god!

Link to the article if you're interested in reading it.
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...hpv_backlash_1

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Ahh.....I think in America, most Catholics these days are "bad" Catholics like me. The Vatican makes up rules and we realize they're stupid and don't follow them. I think we've learned long ago that the Catholic religion is ridiculously outdated as far as the rules go. Some make sense while others belong in the Dark ages. Just the fact that priests and nuns can't be married and woman can not become priests makes no sense at all anymore. Just very primitive thinking.

My wife has HPV. She didn't find out until she was diagnosed with cervical cancer. (She's fine now btw...)There is no cure for HPV. Once you get it, you get it for life and unlike most STD's there really is no symptoms....Until you get cervical cancer. Fun times.

If she had gotten this vaccine before she started having sex, there is a very, very good chance she would have not gotten cervical cancer. Does the HPV vaccine stop you from having other STD's. Nope, so the Catholic leaders reasoning is ridiculous. Let's also not forget that men who have oral sex with HPV carrying woman also have a far greater chance of getting throat cancer. Yay for me. So, yeah, let's stop giving a vaccine to woman that could prevent certain types of cancer in man and woman. Yeah...That will increase abstinence...Stupid.

What young people really need is good sex education. Don't just teach about how babies are made and how to avoid getting pregnant. Give a real lesson in all kinds of various STD's you can get and then teach how you can avoid them. When I was in school the big thing was to talk about HIV and AIDs in sex education. That's fine and dandy, but HIV isn't the only STD out there. Let's teach young adults about all of them.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Right because vaccines are the answer to everything. Come on, they cause more harm than they are good.

The HPV vaccine might keep you from getting Cervical cancer.. But what good is that if you get Mercury poisoning, or develop Autism.. Screw that..

BTW .. Someone might want to tell the church that bondage Clown has a great way to keep the girls from getting pregnant..

Show them pictures of all of the orphans, and physically disabled children that have been brought into this world unwanted from unprotected sex..

Or better yet.. talk to them about sex, and how to have safe sex. The information the person has.. the better.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think that the autism/ vaccine link is such bullshit. who am I going to believe- several independent studies that confirm the same results and the research of the American Medical Association, or people on youttube.

I may be a conspiracy nut, but even I think that is fucking crazy.

just for the record, I don't give a shit about marriage and that + faith doesn't change a thing about irresponsible breeding. unfortunately I can't think of any kind of sterilization/ regulated procreation measures that wouldn't be susceptible to total corruption and manipulation by these same medieval mind-frame bastards that have their grip on the government.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah well, what's the point of haveing anything to do with a religion if you're the sort who wants to take the easy way ?

personaly though, I think that vaccine just a test to see if millions of people really are stupid enough to buy into something they really could do without

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    yeah well, what's the point of haveing anything to do with a religion if you're the sort who wants to take the easy way ?

personaly though, I think that vaccine just a test to see if millions of people really are stupid enough to buy into something they really could do without
    My wife really could have done without the cervical cancer.

I don't doubt that..............so, how long before they're actually sure it'll really work?

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I thought they liked to reproduce. <.<

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    My wife really could have done without the cervical cancer.
    Oh shit, somebody needs to take the Wham-bulance to the burn ward!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I think that the autism/ vaccine link is such bullshit. who am I going to believe- several independent studies that confirm the same results and the research of the American Medical Association, or people on youttube.

I may be a conspiracy nut, but even I think that is fucking crazy.
    Mg I love ya.. But I am dealing with this right now, with my 3 year old step-son. No only that, But the if you look at the whole picture..

The AMA is about to get their ass handed to them by the W.H.O. (Before anyone goes off about The band... I am talking about the World Health Organization.) The AMA just sent out something like 70 million vaccines to Africa that were marked to be destroyed, because they passed their expiration date.

Not only that but the AMA says that you only breast feed your child - IF NECESSARY - and for only about 6 months.. The WHO says to BF for atleast 3 years and only go for Formula - IF NECESSARY -!!

Now to get back to the point. The W.H.O. has been doing research on this and you can see their results. Which are far different than the pharmacy led money grubbing FRIZZA A FRACKING Mother effing idiotic pieces of shit at the AMA.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing wit that, but did you ever consider that maybe the problem could stem from the fact everything in the world (or at least in this country) is toxic and radioactive? it seems to me to be just as likely that cell phones are the cause of autism, as vaccines.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be considered but I think it's unfair to make that distinction that is not supported by the evidence. The role between genetics and brain development is still little understood. many childhood impairments are the result of chromosome abnormalities, which means that they are present in the early stages of cellular development before fetal organs and especially before birth. Also many impairments of cognitive function can't be detected based simply on micro-biology and so it is very difficult to pinpoint exactly when they occurred and what attributed to them.

Good Lord, that is probably the most stupid argument I have ever heard in my entire life.
    What those idiots have to realise is that without the HPV vaccine, girls are more likely to get Cervical cancer if something goes wrong.

Don't you ever get tired of religious bullshit?

I was so anti-religious a way ago that I questioned everyone and everything but I just got tired of it. Doesn't make sense anymore. From now on I'm ignoring all religious crap.

religion is good for populations that don't have too much common sense

Common sense is an oxymoron, but I would say that religion is more a result than a solution to that.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

in that sayin' what are the rocks for? Wiping our asses? In Mexico at my dad's rance, I've used corn cobs.

I'll have to think of a better way to say that....................I was just wondering about the conditions of the world before christianity was adopted, who knows, at the time it probably solved a lot of problems

So when I was in rome, you know where the vatican is, I noticed something funny...

...the romans don't give a shit about what the pope thinks.

They're over it.

Seriously, if these deluded medieval fucks think they can drag us back into the dark ages then I say we start taxing their shit, and use the money to fund mandatory sexual health education. And if they don't like that, then fuck 'em. Let them declare fatwah, and fuck off.

catholic christian religious shit is just crap that replaced the previous stupid religion( pagan maybe, who cares). Don't worry it'll be replaced with something new that's just crap too because face it humans are just another herd species and everyone knows when the herd gets too big for the premises you got to get it to someplace bigger without them wandering all over the place............

I was more wondering about STD's in ancient pagan rome..........before constantine and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I'll have to think of a better way to say that....................I was just wondering about the conditions of the world before christianity was adopted, who knows, at the time it probably solved a lot of problems
    Not really. There were plenty of religions about then preaching pretty much the exact same ideals under different names - y'know, the ones that christians plagiarised* most of the bible from.

*Hehehe. I just can't read or write this word without laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    Right because vaccines are the answer to everything. Come on, they cause more harm than they are good.

The HPV vaccine might keep you from getting Cervical cancer.. But what good is that if you get Mercury poisoning, or develop Autism.. Screw that..
    Um... you get the HPV vaccine at 11 or 12. I am no expert on autism, bu I think that by 11 or 12 you are pretty safe.

As far as the mercury goes, living in Pennsylvania exposes you to more mercury than the Thiomersal in vaccines... wich they stopped using in childhood vaccines in the US anyway.

lovesluka's Avatar Devilishly Charmed

Having had cervical cancer...I wish they had this vaccine when I was 11 or 12! The shit I went through at age 19...nobody should have to go through! I am glad that this advancment has happened...Now maybe they can progress it to bigger and worse things!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread