+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Stan Winston

Default RIP Stan Winston

I am sad to report that special effects pioneer Stan Winston passed away yesterday, after a long struggle with multiple myeloma cancer. He was only sixty-two-years-old. Stan Winston is like nine of the top ten names in special fx that people into them tend to know. The other name is Tom Savini, known best for his active participation in fandom and...
    Read the full article

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Default Re: RIP Stan Winston

This is some very sad news. Man creator Predator and so much other cool stuff. Brought an entire generation of SFX to the masses. Not much more that I can say that hasn't been said. Tis a sad day in the world of horror.

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Sucks.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Sad! I love his Special FX and creatures, way better than CGI crap some movies use.

+ Reply to Thread