+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Midnight Riders

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Midnight Riders

Who else loves bike riding? I love my bike, first of all, it's covered in fur and it has a basket infront and a trunk in back and it's so so so cuuuuute!!

Anyhow, in both LA and San Diego they have organized group bike rides where you meet up with a bunch of people and basically take over the roads and ride through the city. I have been meaning to do one for f*cking ever. I heard they have them in a lot of other cities, and encourage people to start up groups in their own towns.

Anyhow, as it sounded fun to me I thought I'd share. I tried to google it to see if there was a directory of where the rides do take place but with no luck. I think that if u google it with 'midnight riders' and your location though you could probably find something :-)

EasyRider's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Midnight Riders

I usually ride alone... but group rides can be fun.

Headlights often don't see far enough ahead in the dark, though - can't really do 70mph

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

sounds like fun, reminds me of my days in a bicyclke gang we were like the Jr Hells Angels 20 of just ridin our bikes stoping traffic wherever we went, it was awesome. if only i could be 13 again lol

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Definitely getting one for Minneapolis. They have trails and paths all over. If I could find a nocturnal club, I'd definitely go.

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

it's called critical mass. they are definately fun, but you gotta figure on being arrested, so if that's something that you want to avoid at all costs, that might not be the best bet for you.

they had a bike rally here that i was going to go to, but I had to work on that day.

I always bike ride at night. It's nice to feel the cool air without all the car's zooming by.

Although i modified my bike, so its all black with tubing over it and harddrive platters for gear plates. It's all steampunky mountain bike now lol.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

yes riding at night's the only way to go!!!!

but why do u (morning glory) think u'll get arrested???

because it's against the law to obstruct the flow of traffic.

and speaking of obstructing flows, the Man get's a bit scared when a bunch of people get together and try and do thier own thing, especially when it goes against civic conventions.

Just drove my car to work everyday, I didn't mean to hurt nobody. Like a 100 million other people just like me, I couldn't tell that there was any other way. I just couldn't realize, but now I think I'll throw it away. There's 7 billion other people just like me.

I was thinking about blowing up all the automobiles, it seemed like such a good idea. You said Hey man, wouldn't that be hypocritical? No way man! Cuz mine's the first to go. Do it now! Stick a rag in; Light the fucker up.

I was thinking about melting down all the cars in the whole world, and making brand new mountain bikes for all the boys and girls. You said Hey man, wouldn't that be Helter Skelter? No way man! What we need is a giant smelter! Send it to Jesse Owen's Park Tucson, AZ 85710

Ride a fucking bike! Ride a fucking bike! Ride a fucking bike!

Just lit my car on fire today, I didn't mean to hurt nobody. Like a 100 million other people just like me, I could tell there wasn't any other way. I finally realized, and now it's going up in flames. There's 7 billion other people just like me.

Having fun, since I was six, we're only bike terrorists...
    This Saturday, @ Dry River, XTFestX (see you there!)

EasyRider's Avatar Senior Member

RE: first of all, it's covered in fur and it has a basket infront and a trunk in back and it's so so so cuuuuute!!

Sounds far out and solid and right on.

What's the bike like?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I ride my bike in lieu of owning a car. I can't stand bikers in the park here though, they have their own bike lane, but they rid in huge groups and insist on riding like 5 side by side and spill out into the street which slows down traffic immensely (this is a very large city park that is a major way to get from one popular area of the city to another, so them slowing down traffic in the park is a major annoyance)

+ Reply to Thread