+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solve my Problem

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Solve my Problem

Okay so I am dying to paint. I have plenty of light indoors and plenty of things to paint on. I can't paint outside after dark becasue of bugs and lack of light and/or outlets ot plug lights into. So painting inside. However, here is where the problem comes in. Cats. I'm trying to figure out how to paint in a confined space shared by cats without closing any doors as there are no doors to close in this space. Help? creative ideas to avoid getting cats and paint/thinner mixed up. anything you've got.

K

Default Re: Solve my Problem

haha sorry but I need to laugh.... all my life I've been living with cats and my mom is painting all her life... I don't remember her having such problem... except don't forget to empty the jar where you clean your brush from paint after you are finished for a day because they tend to drink from it

humm ,here a small trick ,just mite work ,,take a coffee can ,cut a hole in the lid just big enuf for your bushes ,you can tape the lid on so its a tite fit and if you knock it over you dont have much spillage . hope it helps .

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

haha yeah just get cat proof jars of thinner and paint n stuff.. dont let em lay on the canvas hahaa...
    or you could just paint the cats :P hehee no... that would be bad.

Be really observant? When you get done, put all the paint in a closet and keep the door shut. Shoulden't be that bad.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Well, you could use the cats as brushes. I echo the idea of somehow getting the paint and thinner bottles/jars so the base is wider than the top (hard to knock over). And lids.

Paint standing up. You could put everything on the kitchen counter out of jumping height. Do you have a garage? Claim a corner of that, maybe? Actually a garage could be ideal with the amount of ventilation you'd have and not needing to clean up as much.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Cover the cats in paint and swing them by the tail into the canvas repeatedly for a Pollack style masterpiece.

Perhaps you should encourage your cats to paint. There is a real demand these days for cat paintings.

Why Cats Paint

Cat painting video

:-)

I ended up playing Scrabble till I fell asleep and geting up at the crack of noon to paint. What I really need is more wall space. Somewhere that doesn't have a dresser or unused excersize equipment, (okay not really unused, I hang my sweaters off it to dry) or a litter box, pressed against it. I need to move. Even if the paperwork takes its sweet freaking time getting us to Europe, we need to get the eff outta this house that is shared by a nut case menopausal woman.

K

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Just use acrylic latex. Then you won't have to worry about toxic stuff. Just water for cleanup. If you put sealer on it when you are done, it will last just fine...

I wish I could offer some kind of advice. I would love having a talent for painting; with or without cats. I do however play guitar. That sends my Greyhound and two chihuahua's around the house in fits. Problem with that is I don't know if it's because they love what they hear or they're trying to get away. So yeah, like The DeathKnight said. A sealer will work fine....:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Perhaps you should encourage your cats to paint. There is a real demand these days for cat paintings.

Why Cats Paint

Cat painting video

:-)
    Hahaha
    Yes, cats should paint...

ah... the cat/art dilema... when i had an art studio if i left the door open the resident building cats would come in, and instantly jump up on my drafting table, and walk across whatever i was doing...

...it was the center of attention, and they had to be there...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    ah... the cat/art dilema... when i had an art studio if i left the door open the resident building cats would come in, and instantly jump up on my drafting table, and walk across whatever i was doing...

...it was the center of attention, and they had to be there...

yep. Mostly i'm scared of them running into the craptacular easel i have and knocking wet paintings onto the floor. it's bad enough that i have cat hair stuck to everything else!

K

+ Reply to Thread