+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts or energies in objects?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you believe in ghosts or energies in objects?

Quite some time ago, a friend of mine showed me some snapshots which were done on a film camera and she said she thought all the orbs which showed up were ghosts. At the time, I was doing a lot of film photo printing and had a scientific theory of what they were. Last night, some of the interior design folks (and a police officer) who are in my Fabulous Book Club for Fabulous People were all talking about how antique mirrors all feel haunted. One interior design person had a client who felt almost all his antique furniture was haunted and was thinking of going over to a more modern look.

Do you believe in ghosts and other ectoplasmic beings? Whether or not you believe in ghosts precisely, do you believe inanimate objects can have certain energies?

Default Re: Do you believe in ghosts or energies in objects?

You should see my book collection...

All I can say is that I wish parapsychology was an actual college course.

Mostly just potential energy, from being dropped or set on fire.

So no, I don't believe it. I've no good reason to do so. I'll cheerfully indulge the spooky feelings though, even if I attribute them only to aesthetic and association.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Nope.

Yep.

However there is no proof yet that will satisfy reasonable open minded skeptics, so there's little point in arguing over it. There may come a day when this can be measured, and quantified, but it's not here yet.

Of course there's no proof possible for assholes who claim to be skeptics, but are really just assholes. Some people still think the Earth is flat too.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I believe it's both. Sometimes ghosts. Sometime energy in objects. I, myself, experienced the "ghost" side a couple of times.....And they weren't "orbs" that I expereienced....And I have no other explanation than the supernatural.

Want a proof?

Do some research on repeating certain prayers. Either specific verses from Torah, Bible or Quran or even some of the shamanic prayers of Native Indians, Hindu or Buddhists. If you know what you're doing and if you do it right then you can invoke those energies to communicate or even to do stuff for you in exchange for something else.

That's what I heard

ok - here's a small little taste.

Why is it that some people can 'see' or 'feel' such things? (Ghosts, energies, etc.) - One theory is along the lines of certain people, at certain times, have an ability to 'see' or be a receptor to such energy somewhat in the manner say a video camera with a special lens can see 'heat' or a regular camera with say, a polarizing filter can 'remove glare' to be able to see clearly where others can't.

This explains why infrared photography and other methods can detect unseen energy where as normal photography can not.

Some people obtain these abilities inherently to a degree and some people think this is enhanced somehow at puberty as there are some physiological changes that take place in the brain at that time.

Overall, everything is energy in some form. Our senses perceive energy as either taste, smell, sight, etc... since we only use a fraction of our brain's power, it's conceivable that anyone could inherently be able to see and sense ghosts, spirits, etc., if perhaps we had more conscious use of our brain's true power.

Now why or how some ghosts/energy can manifest physical form is still a mystery... perhaps a catalyst (human) is needed to allow that to happen to some degree.

Just food for thought.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

everything is capable of storeing it's history in some form............as for energy, well who knows exactly what it is?.................

So I guess yeah, I do believe in all that stuff..........wether it's relevent to anything is up to the individual I suppose

I'm open to the idea but have never seen anything to convince me one way or the other. I do seem to feel more energy around antiques, specifically ritual items, but for the most part I assume it's in my head. The mind is very good at believing what it wants.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

good point DJ Bat. that seems plausible.

Although as BF said, there is a lack of hard evidence, but I don't see how the idea of let's say, latent or residual energy fields or ESP or even post-body consciousness, is deemed impossible by science. there's more evidence leaning towards it's positive possibility than not, so it doesn't take only a gullible person to consider it.

I think there's a good deal of natural phenomenon that is little observed or understood.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

well, yes. everything emits energy in some way and 'ghosts" are a build up of energy that has collected over time or been caused by traumatic experiences-not always bad-

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I do, but thats only cos of stuff Ive seen and done, wich I have no other explanation for

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I could deffinetly see how a mirror could be haunted. I'm a firm believer in energy as well.

+ Reply to Thread