+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Material Girl no more?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Material Girl no more?

She is famed for being the Material Girl, but Madonna's next book is about how wealth is overrated.

The singer's publisher, Nicholas Callaway, said last week that Madonna will release the illustrated children's book Lotsa de Casha next summer.

"All the characters in the book will be animals and Lotsa de Casha is an Italian greyhound who has all the money in the world but no happiness," said Callaway. "He thinks only of himself."

The book will be the last in Madonna's five-book children's series for Callaway Editions. The millionaire pop star is currently promoting the fourth in the series, The Adventures of Abdi. The other books are The English Roses, Mr. Peabody's Apples, and Yakov and the Seven Thieves.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Default Re: Material Girl no more?

I would like the ability to decide if wealth is over-rated for my self.

Dear Esther,

Please send all proceeds from your new book to me directly as I am sure that given your current economic situation you would be more than happy to release yourself from the burden of never having to worry about money again.

Thanks in advance,

Dharma

That is just hilarious. If wealth is so overrated, then she should give all her money away to someone who needs it, instead of writing children's books about it and making more money.

Her 80's image was way better .

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I like darmas response how hypocrytical, never did like madonna anyhow.

It was an amusing statement on Madonna's part. Money equates to time, convenience, and materialism. To even have made the statement, she had to become wealthy. It is a paradox a greater part of "Hollywood" seems unable to grasp.

Believe me:

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
    I think they're O.K.
    If they don't give me proper credit
    I just walk away

They can beg and they can plead
    But they can't see the light, that's right
    'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
    Is always MISTER RIGHT, 'cause we are

Chorus:
    Living in a material world
    And I am a material girl
    You know that we are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl

She has not changed except perhaps in her own mind, again.

OEC

Angelina Jolie once said something in an interview about if you make 9 million dollars on a movie, you can give away half of it and not even notice. Then she gave a bunch of money to charity, adopted a kid and did a pile of charity work.

Madonna wrote a kids book about how money doesn't make you happy. Then she.... well.... chaced hunters off her property in the UK?

Whether or not you like Madonna, what she contributed to music is important, but Paris Hilton has shown more social concience than madonna.

Someone once compaired money (and sex) to air. It's only important when you don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Angelina Jolie once said something in an interview about if you make 9 million dollars on a movie, you can give away half of it and not even notice. Then she gave a bunch of money to charity, adopted a kid and did a pile of charity work.

Madonna wrote a kids book about how money doesn't make you happy. Then she.... well.... chaced hunters off her property in the UK?

Whether or not you like Madonna, what she contributed to music is important, but Paris Hilton has shown more social concience than madonna.

Someone once compaired money (and sex) to air. It's only important when you don't have any.
    I don't think money is terribly important beyond a certain point of comfort. Angelina Jolie has made tangible contributions as much by drawing people's attention to important issues. Madonna is trying to draw attention only to Madonna. I respect her mastery of the media, but it is unfortunate that she does so little with it.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread