+ Reply to Thread

Thread: have you been having problems with your converter box?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default have you been having problems with your converter box?

we got two of those converter boxes for our tvs here about a month ago. we dont ahve cable so we had to get them in order to keep watching tv. anyways, since we've ha dthem it's been one headache after another.

car goes by,bam! no signal (very frustrating when we were watching the superbowl btw)

some channels we were getting are no longer aorund like ion-we were watching that cus they do ncis marathons on monday nights.

and then there's the audio.
    in order to have a loud enough volume on the box, you have to ahve the volume ont he actual tv high enough-just like with cable. and soemtimes between frames, there'll end up being this huge annoying buzzing sound which really sucks like during dollhouse where they barely talk loud enough to hear in the first place and eveyr now and again we'll get what i call "steven hawkins speech" where everyone sounds like they're talking through steven hawkins voice machine thingy he used or "demon voice" where eveyrone is slowed down which is really creepy when watching shows like bernie mac lol

anyone else having problems with their converter boxes?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: have you been having problems with your converter box?

We have a converter box at work. IT SUCKS! Constantly going out and gets all pixelated. Sound constantly breaking up. It's totally fuckin annoying! Before we had the box, it wasn't hard to work the rabbit ears for it all to come in good. Now with the rabbit ears and converter box, it's a constant struggle everyday.

Fuck TV I'm done with that stupid shit.

It was free, my analog TV worked just fine for years, now they want to make it shittier, and crappier?

Fine, they don't get to advertise their bullshit to me. Fuck them. Same deal with cell phones, I don't need that bullshit in my life. When the net becomes even crappier than it is now, I'll ditch that too.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

don't know anyone that's gotten the converter box, but the guymI work with got a new tv and a digital antena and he say's it works great

+ Reply to Thread