+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new whorelins........

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default new whorelins........

did anyone catch the news this afternoon?

if you did, you might have caught a brief thing about how the city of new orleans
    (only one of many cities in louissianna and the delta area)
    has decided to make a tour of the most badly damaged areas of their fair city from katrina and how only ten percent of the ticket purchases for the tour (WHICH COST THIRTY FIVE BUCKS A PIECE) is going to be going to help thevictims fot he storm.

I tryed looking this up on the net but came up with nothing on it save for the crap i could not believ I was hearing about on the actual tv news.

Default Re: new whorelins........

in one hand you have somebody who wants to display a historic event..in another you have someone who wants to make a quick buck and donate some to the cause.. on another hand (im mutant here)..tours in and around new orleans have been a thing for years and years..so doesnt surprise me any..

oh and another thing... nobody really was disgusted when they were doing "tours" of ground zero. so why should this be different?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

well the ten percent is bullshit.. and yeah we shouldnt glorify what happened but, you know; when you drive be a car wreck you always gotta look, kinda the same thing I spose...I would say it would be fine if all of the money was being donated

and yet, my sister who lives in lake charles still has a roof in the ceiling of her house form rita and noone has bothered to get around to fixing it.........

I think it's a good thing to not forgt but to make an amusement ride out of it and to charge people 35 bucks to see it only to give three fifty back to help out is-well...ridiculous. they should be fixing these houses, not showing them off.

maybe its a way for them to help raise money TO fix the place up? since the state of lousisana owes a billion or 2 dollars back to FEMA. the people you have to watch out for are the ones who were making profit from selling hurricane katrina newspapers from the times piccayune from the following day on ebay for 400$ a peice..i dont have the links anymore but it was sick..mainly because they were NOT donating any profits to charity..but capitilizing from a disaster.

you know there are still people in germany that spraypaint bricks and sell em to tourists as pieces of the berlin wall too?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

whatever it takes to rope 'em in

and get thier money

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I got a peice of the cross that christ was crucified on too. this is a really rare item, it's limited to 500 peices that just happened to turn out in the shape of tooth picks.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

man, people will pay anything for the stupidest crap.... i've learned this from workin in retail for many a year

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    did anyone catch the news this afternoon?
    oh, yeah. all those cops stationed at the beach at Cronulla and the LEBANESE GANGS DIDN'T SHOW UP! BWAHAHAHAA!

er, sorry? what channel were you watching?

This reminds me of war profiters.... earning wealth on others misery... I'äm so sick of it... by the time living in bosnia I realised how cruel is that.. I couldn't stand my best friend when my eyes opened a litlle bit and I realised his father is war profiter and now one of leading politicians in RS. All on back of poor peaple. Oh shit.. I'm geting angry again... should stop thinking about it... but I can't... I hope they'll burn in "heaven"

+ Reply to Thread