+ Reply to Thread

Thread: corsette advice?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default corsette advice?

one of the things i wanna definately get into is corsetting but im kinda confused about sizing.

im talking constricting ones not like bodices or decorative ones. are you supposed to go by your natural size or a few below it? any help?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Re: corsette advice?

When you buy an actual corset, you should buy one about 2"-6" down from your natural waist. But it also depends on what are your intenions are when wearing a corset. Fashion or tight-lacing? Either way, for a beginner I would start at a size 2" less than your natural waist size.

i was going for tight lacing. trying to work myself into a nice coke bottle figure.
    okay so since im like a size 12 (32) i should get one in a size 10 (30) then?

If your natural waist is 32", you could go with a 28" to start and gradually go down in sizes as you feel comfortable and depending on how much of a waist reduction you want. If you are doing tight-lacing be sure to get a really good corset though, it'll be worth the money.

okay. thanks for the advice.I've got a few corsette sites on bookmark with some real beauties i wanna get. And a few of the ones i really like are supposed to be paneled and boned for tight lacing-i call it constricting cus im not hip on the lingo lol-so the advice really helps.

Also, if you happen to have a Live Journal account there are a few corset communitieson there, and a lot of people who will make custom corsets, most of the time reasonably priced, though I don't know your budget for one.

well right now it's not a budget lol i am looking for things to do once i get a job.
    but ill check those out too. im also looking at posture collars too.

If you want to tight lace getting the right fit is really important, I would suggest getting a custom made one. I get mine from here: http://www.meschantes.com

awesome ill check em out. thanx

oh......so many choices.......

*wishes i could buy one of evrything*
    drooooooooolllllllllll...........

Bedlamite

Also, A really good corset should never really be in a 'womans size ___'. They are almost always sized according to the waist size, 32, 36, etc. You buy one that, as before stated, 2-4 inches (I'd say four, it gives you more room if you start training down to keep the corset for longer). Remember not to tight it all the way together the first time. Its ok if there is some space in the laces. ^_^

yeah. i kinda figured so i was using womens sizes as reference mostly.
    it says on the site you can get some of the tight lace ones done in brocade fabric....is that stuff hard to clean?

I mean, it looks pretty sturdy and i love the pink ones especially but am wondering if this would be a dry clean only type corsette if i got one in that fabric. and oh i know-im not worried about there being lace space in the beggining, im more concerned about spending three hundred or mroe on one and then having no space in the lacing the first time i put it on.

and is it true ou have to waer this for about 23 hours a day when you first start tight lacing?

Bedlamite

I don't ever really clean my corsets, washer or dry clean. I don't wear them but on special occasions tho, so they at most get a febrezing, and a day out in the sunlight to freshen them. You should always wear a lining/tanktop/something underneath them as well.

And yes, alot of people sleep and do nearly everything 24/7 in their corsets when they are training. I would personally think that it would work just fine to do it when you are awake, but I suppose that's my own personal lack of discipline, and desire to sleep comfortably. Remember never to exercise in your corset, its not really good for you to do serious working out in it. ^_^

oh there's no worries there, im pretty much a lazy fucker anyway lol dont so much do the whole working out thing so well.

+ Reply to Thread