+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latex Clothing Disintegration!!!!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Latex Clothing Disintegration!!!!

OK, I bought these latex mini dresses a few years ago, and now they are sticking together and when I pull them apart, they rip and the rubber is disintegrating!!!! Maybe it is the NYC humidity?

I had no idea rubber had such a breif shelf life!!! And it is so expensive. I hope my latex corsets hold up better. I need to buy some more latex.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Latex Clothing Disintegration!!!!

You just have to keep it powdered, so it does not stick together...

It's not the humidity, as much as it is the plastic semi-melting, and connecting to the other plastic.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    You just have to keep it powdered, so it does not stick together...

It's not the humidity, as much as it is the plastic semi-melting, and connecting to the other plastic.
    Yup...it's kinda like storing vynil in a warm place...it'll die a nasty death. Rule of thumb is not to keep that stuff together...treat each peice spertately and make sure they do not overlap with similar types of clothes...takes some work but it'll be worth it.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

You are right. I don't take care of them I just throw them around or bunch them up and never use powder. Also, they are really thin. One of these dresses, the strap broke right after I bought it, so I crazy glued it together!!!

if the shit rips use somthing with heat like the hot tip of a lighter to fuse it back together just don;t use to much like a saudring iron tho. If you have a stedy hand!Even something low heat like a cig would work. It wont be smooth and shiny when ur done but it will be fixxed.

Yeah Latex clothing needs to be powered, kept apart in garment bags (cloth ones not plastic!), and kept in a nice cool place. It also needs to be cleaned and shined with latex polish at least a couple times a month. Most good latex clothing won't rip, if it came out a plastic bag, or was cheap, you know it's not qaulity latex and I wouldn't worry about it falling apart. Your corsets on the other hand should be stored carefully.

+ Reply to Thread