+ Reply to Thread

Thread: spend or save?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default spend or save?

do you spend your spare change in your pocket through out your day, or do you let it accumulate and dump it in a jar/coffee can/planter/whatever at the end of the day?

I'm a saver. right now I throw all my changein a pace picante(dont laugh) jar. the last time I emptied it at coinstar, I had 86 bux..... not bad.
    last year I threw it all in a huge economy sized pickle jar(again, don't laugh) and had almost 500 bux that time.
    this time I have almost two pace(we eat a lot of salsa around here) jars full, and am going to use the $ to go camp out at the beach for a few days......... that'll be nice.

so what about you do you spend it or save it?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: spend or save?

The cupholder in my truck always seems to be half-full of loose change from take-outs, purely as an excuse for me to pull over and buy coffee - "hmm.. just enough for a latte.. shame to waste it..."

Apart from fast food, I don't really get change. Not being pretentious but almost everything I pay for is on plastic these days. It helps to be working in a country which doesn't tip!

Spend it. I do a lot of browsing (flea)markets and thriftshops for cool oddities to turn into clothes, accessories or whatever I'm making, where less-than-1-euro coinage gets you quite a distance and they often don't have the hardware to pay with bank cards or whatever.

I always liked the idea of saving coins in a jar but never really got the chance to do it because all the change I have usually goes on candies and street artists.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

i have a jar where i throw my change into, just nickels n dimes, i keep my loonies n toonies for coffee n laundry.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

in my old car i used to keep a few notes hidden in the centre boss for emergancy "i need gas" moments. and a few pound coins in the ashtray (i dont smoke) for the event of having to pay the toll for the bridge back into wales from england. bloody airbags on the car limits my hiding spaces for such things.

generally in a pot, thats taken into the bank when it gets to heavy for the table to hold the wieght. coffee i dont drink (i have a miniture Tea Emporium in my locker at work) and candy vending i avoid in order to save money (working for the govt, paying through the nose on taxes and then no "staff discounts" on road Tax means i'm reluctant to pay any more money to my employer. the onsite Gym fee's are due to increase this month from £18 a year to £18 a month *groans*.

its suprising how much builds up out of those pennies that usually are destined to make up the change for a can of soft drink

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I use my debit card for everything. I almost never have any cash on me. Cash just has a way of burning a hole in my pocket so I try to stay away from it. So, no cash...Then no change.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i let it acumulate but never more than 5 bux since i use tthe change at the vending machine at work

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I'm a dime hoarder

+ Reply to Thread