+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what lies in lost files

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default what lies in lost files

I was digging in the depths of my computer's hard drive last night looking for... something else.... and ran across a poorly written two paragraph jumble that i think might have been the very first short story written on the first lap top about 7 years ago. I've spent the last few hours fleshing it out, its now up to three pages. Its like finding a priceless gem in the dust bin and while polishing it up you discover its a flawless emerald.

Nonetheless I've felt the urge to mention that it might be worth the time to start sifting through all your old document and photo files lodged deep in your endless memory banks and see what old treasures you can dig up. a lot like going up into grandma's attic and finding so many priceless memories and artifacts, and you don't even have to leave the house. heck you don't even have to put on pants and shoes to search your hard drives. give it a shot and maybe just to make things interesting, post some of the long forgotten things you find.

~K

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Default Re: what lies in lost files

yeah i did that a while ago and found a small army of uncompleted stories, half written poems and unnused novel ideas, as well as little snippets of ideas for cd titles and covers, band names, and sick versions of old sayings or jokes.

if only i had the drive to follow up on any of my ideas

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

i've been working on trying to get my old packard bell circa 1993 to boot up. i have all my teen angst journals from high school in there.

and i love finding old p0rn that i used to hold near and dear but had long forgotten about.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I only write stuff like that on paper

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    yeah i did that a while ago and found a small army of uncompleted stories, half written poems and unnused novel ideas, as well as little snippets of ideas for cd titles and covers, band names, and sick versions of old sayings or jokes.

if only i had the drive to follow up on any of my ideas
    ditto.murder kitty has been in the plans for a while now-stll havent even cracked open a feesible story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    paper

what's that?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

some people write on it-it was really big before text mesaging happend....now adays people mostly use it to wipe their arses with it.

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    what's that?
    an old thought recording medium made from stuff that was once alive

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    and i love finding old p0rn that i used to hold near and dear but had long forgotten about.

Who said anything about pron? srsly do you ppls think i'm that kind of perv that only searches for old pron on my hard drive? O.o (..so yeah thats what i was looking for but what does that say about me that ppl i don't even know think thats what i was looking for?)

Paper- the only down side to this medium is that ink fades and a few years later reading your own hand writing (like with a pen) is almost impossible. i've also noticed that time, bugs, mice, etc like to EAT paper. and cats like to claw it to ribbons and then chase it around the house. whe i get home i plan on spending alot of time transferring all my paper files to the puter.

~K

Sometimes I will find an old notebook or something and sometimes there will be some really cool lyrics or ideas in there and sometimes old work is really cringeworthy.

the nice thing about paper is it's easy to destroy stuff that should never have been recorded....and know that it's really gone

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Who said anything about pron? srsly do you ppls think i'm that kind of perv that only searches for old pron on my hard drive? O.o (..so yeah thats what i was looking for but what does that say about me that ppl i don't even know think thats what i was looking for?)

~K

haha, i was actually saying that is what I was looking for, but it's nice to see I'm not alone in doing so

and your little dog too

i've been looking through old papers and computer files since you posted this, keiko. interesting idea so thanks for the thought

+ Reply to Thread