+ Reply to Thread

Thread: happy.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default happy.

I've been really happy lately. I've made good money at work, I've had time to pursue art projects, and my burlesque show was a huge success. I'm able to save money for winter travel, and my brother comes home from afghanistan in january; the month of my bday. that's going to be the best birthday present ever, even though I don't celebrate my birthday.

what is making you happy lately?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: happy.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I've been really happy lately. I've made good money at work, I've had time to pursue art projects, and my burlesque show was a huge success. I'm able to save money for winter travel, and my brother comes home from afghanistan in january; the month of my bday. that's going to be the best birthday present ever, even though I don't celebrate my birthday.

We're starting to put together a good team for music and burlesque performances. I'm really excited about next year. It's been hard. We've made mistakes. We're to that point of seeing the vast horizon. I'm especially excited for the performers, but we're all having a great time. It's very spontaneous and eclectic. Good people.

OEC

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

not being ill... i turn into the biggest drama queen ever when i am

Reading stories like yours...because I've been in a crunch lately.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I get my cast off tomorrow and I'll be able to type with two hands again! And I'll soon be back to work and making real money. This 60% shit is not really working for me.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Getting promoted, having some very awesome close friends, having my fiance move out to Cleveland next week and moving into my own place. Ive never been happier.

and one more thing: I scored a copy of wind in the willows; my favorite political satire for 5 bux.

I'm glad you guys are happy too.
    it'll get better voldta; well I hope it does anyway for what its worth.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

What Voldta said. I'm broke, lonely, and just being assrailed by life, and not in a good way.

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

i have started 2 new music projects with the Donkey Moses, both just the 2 of us so no issues with rehearsal time,1 accoustic and 1 electric.Also I just harvested the garden, all kinds of herb oil for winter and pickles!!! Work is hectic but prevelent and creative and with any luck if there is enough of it we finally get to go to Pittsburgh for winter vacation. And last but not least Halloween is coming and we are throwing a big bash @the castle that our primary band gets to play as long as we want. life is good, I wish I was a sponge so I could soak it in faster!

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

hang on BP sometimes it gets harder before a breakthrough.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I'm happy that I still have a job.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i finaly got a clean bill of health last week. i found the gal il probably marry some day and ive been doin realy good at work. somehow all these things goin right makes me nervous cause things arent usualy like this for me.

it'll get better voldta; well I hope it does anyway for what its worth.
    Oh I know..It's not like I'm depressed to drinking or anything or broke...I'm not even depressed...I just am existing day by day.

Mainly because I have sooooo much to do That I have like 5 minutes free time every 8 hours to sit and relax. That I'm not really living life beyond work and my dreams of music are slowly fading everyday it seems. So then..I live vicariously through others until I have more time to get caught up.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

not sure if I'm happy, but I am content

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

very happy with the my latest recording project - I will share when it's finished tho I don't expect it to be for a month or so as I'm only doing it on the week-ends pretty much and even then in the (narrow) windows of time when I am not too pasted and can do the compositions justice. This particular project is just me doing... everything pretty much. I am playing drums, guitar, keyboards, bass, singing plus making up all the songs and lyrics. You gotta be happy with a project that's that intensely about yourself hehe.

yes I do need assistance from other humans during the recording process so I'll give them a credit (assistant production assistant's assistant or something hahaha). I am provided with free studio time at my convenience so I'm not fretting or rushing it

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Got a new guitar and finishing a masters.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Actually, tell the truth, I just finished a painting and am finally set up to do art again. I have my drum set up and a cool hollowbody guitar and bass. I'm relearning guitar fast and have a nice comfortable out of the kit single roll at 130bpm, which considering I'm using a new grip and a new technique, ain't bad.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    What Voldta said. I'm broke, lonely, and just being assrailed by life, and not in a good way.
    summed it up nicely

but i am glad you are doing well voltaire , youre in Portland now right? you're happy cause of all the hippies

nah, I'm in NC. i'll be in pdx again around january or so. we should finally hang out. I like sake. do you?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

nah, I'm in NC. i'll be in pdx again around january or so. we should finally hang out. I like sake. do you?
    sake is good, but it has to be the good cold stuff..the hot sake is ok when its cold outside
    you'll have tons of sake and sushi and roll out of Benihana

I bought a sweet pinball machine for myself. It's a Bram Strokers Dracula.

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

I think I am generally the happiest in life that I've ever been. Many gratifying creative projects, work is good, marriage (and accompanying benefits) is spectacular. My 30's have been the best decade so far. Things are definately moving forward. Not to say that everything is perfect (my car could be working for one thing) but the positivity of everything else overshadows the lousey stuff.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i finaly got a clean bill of health last week. i found the gal il probably marry some day and ive been doin realy good at work. somehow all these things goin right makes me nervous cause things arent usualy like this for me.
    Happiness is fleeting. Just enjoy it and try not to think about the other shoe dropping.

+ Reply to Thread