+ Reply to Thread

Thread: want to compete in the cell phone toss

and your little dog too

Default want to compete in the cell phone toss

from yahoo

Long-distance call: Germany has new record for cellphone throwing

Mon Oct 18,11:47 AM ET Offbeat - AFP

BERLIN (AFP) - A German has smashed the national record for the rarely contested sport of cellphone throwing by hurling his phone 67.50 metres (nearly 223 feet), the organisers of the event announced.

In the competition in Wehnde, Thuringia, on Sunday, Nico Morawa beat the former record of 65.80 metres, set four years by Heiko Scholl.

Both men are from Kamenz in the eastern state of Saxony.

Morawa, who is also spokesman for the association of German cellphone throwers, beat 70 competitors to win the event.

According to the association's website, the "sport" began when cellphone manufacturers were offering cheap phones during the industry's boom years of 2000 and 2001. When the phones broke, the Kamenz association came up with a new use for them.

Default Re: want to compete in the cell phone toss

ide like to give that a wake. esp if i get on the phone and start a fight with someone. no one would see where it landed... lol

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I don't know, unless I was on the phone with my mom, I could prolly only throw my phone like five feet. If I was talking to my mom, I'd throw the phone AT her so it might land somewhere between LA and New Orleans, don't think I could get it all the way to Fla...
    K

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

The contest isn't as popular as it used to be. However, I'd rather take part in a cellphone throwing contest than in a boiled egg or hamburger eating contest (or hotdogs, come to think of it). There are hundreds of wonderful weird stories out there; I keep on trying to document them in one of my LJ communities, but some people don't like seeing 30 posts a day in their Friends List!

+ Reply to Thread