+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is everone always......

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Why is everone always......

.....commenting things like:
    "oh, I saw that video clip like a million years ago" or
    "somebody already posted a thread about that 2 years ago!"

Who cares? I certainly don't look back 5 years in the BLueBlood archives to make sure no one has started a similar thread to the one I am going to post. And anyways, if someone puts something up here that they have just recently discovered then is quite likely that other people in the forum who are going to read the thread might not have heard of it either. So BE NICE!!

That's all the Xmas cheer I have to offer for now....

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: Why is everone always......

<---- (hears the whip cracking) YES MA'AM !!!

( I like old threads )

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's too much of a hassle to dig up old threads.

A good example is the Ecstasy thread.
    It's turning into a general drug pro/con thread,
    which we've had on here before.

But who cares?

It's all just discussion.
    If you don't like the topic, make a new thread...

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Scar

Who cares? I certainly don't look back 5 years in the BLueBlood archives to make sure no one has started a similar thread to the one I am going to post. And anyways, if someone puts something up here that they have just recently discovered then is quite likely that other people in the forum who are going to read the thread might not have heard of it either. So BE NICE!!

Because that's how all us cool kids prove what 1337 1|\|73r\/\/3|3 |-|@x0rs we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Because that's how all us cool kids prove what 1337 1|\|73r\/\/3|3 |-|@x0rs we are!
    what'd you call my momma?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Hey Scar! I mean, come on, somebody already posted a thread about this 2 years ago!!! I saw that video clip a million years ago!!!

seriously though, isn't the entire idea behind gothic.net to scream at people who didn't read through the entirety of a 17 page long thread before posting an innocous little question that never got answered?

...although i do have to admit that sometimes it is better to revive a thread than to make an entirely new one.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't really see it much on this board. on another board though it's a pretty big deal with people not even looking as far back as the top of the page before posting something, so they get a ton of repeat stuff that just clogs the server and makes the mods life hell.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I know that we've had a ton of "hot button" issues, where it's pretty much known where all the long time members stand and the same thing is just going to get said again and again... but since there are constantly new people coming, I think they should get to say thier peace about what they want to.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Hey Scar! I mean, come on, somebody already posted a thread about this 2 years ago!!! I saw that video clip a million years ago!!!
    lol you crack me up!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Amen to that, sister!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

leaving aside the "why is everyone throughout creation always, from the very beginning of time to the heat death of the universe, constantly.."

as Heinlein put it, "two types of jokes. one type are funny always. the other type are funny once, then only half as funny next time."

and only half as funny again the time after that. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16...

i know, it can be absolutely crushing when you think you've discovered something cool that you want to share with everyone -

(OMG! check it out! dancing hamsters!

http://www.hampsterdance.com/classorig.html )

- and everyone's already seen it. life sucks, get a helmet.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Who cares?...

Next time someone gives you static about that sort of thing, you can send them here: http://www.frowno.com/

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Next time someone gives you static about that sort of thing, you can send them here: http://www.frowno.com/

awww what a cute widdle kid!

hey scar.. point out who you're specifically referencing so we can call them out and point and laugh at them. A thread like this is just so much more fun when it's personal...and...well...after today i need someone to laugh at so i can feel better about myself.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Be nice? But it's the internet!

Usually it depends on the forum, some really want people to use the search function if the community is really massive or based around specific topics. Making a topic about an issue already discussed to death and back can leave a sour taste in people. But if it is indeed ancient history (anything older than a week really) then have at it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I know that we've had a ton of "hot button" issues, where it's pretty much known where all the long time members stand and the same thing is just going to get said again and again... but since there are constantly new people coming, I think they should get to say thier peace about what they want to.
    Yeah...like the whole pirate vs. ninja issue.

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

haha,.., I say there are pros and cons to everything,.. especially the pirates -vs- ninjas issue,...

pirates are loud but theres like a zillion of them and they are all lud about doing fucked up things and laughing and ahah and arghh and ahahahaha

then the ninjas are like the guys picking the rice out in the fields while the pirates roam by loudly laughing then at night the ninjas come out and virtually walk on air kill dozens of dozens of pirates in their sleep and then when the pirates that are still alive are all upset and wondering who did it,.. the ninjas are all picking their rice out in the fields. No one suspects the ninjas cause they are so quiet etc,...

so then the pirates get pissed and burn down the entire village and steal all the food and all the fucked up stuff that goes with being a pirate.

then samurai jack comes from the past and defeats all teh evil doers in the name of what he feels is right,.. but samarui jack failed to notice spawn was watching him from the alleys the entire time. (umm spawn ninja or pirate?).

So then blade runs out and he's all like "yeah mutha fucker am the daywalker bitch" and wants to kill samurai jack cause he figures anyone with old wooden shoes must be a vampire cause only a vampire could be that old,.. but then vanhousing comes out and shoots blade with an arrow and blade is all like "what the fuck did you do that for?!!? Bitch I'm on your side" and vanhousing is all like can't take any chances so frankstein runs out and tackles vanhousing into a wall. Vanhousing gets pissed and transformers in a werwolf and slaps frankstein and frankstein goes flying thru a little cabin but little then werewolf vanhousing realize that in that humble little cabin was non othe rthan the hulk himself attempting to live a life in peace and to his own self and his little cabin had been destroyed and green shoots from his eyes as he's filled with anger and as he runs to werewolf vanhousing he's transforming and he clothes all shredding and falling on the floor all over the place.

So now you have a bunch of freaks destroying everything beating the crab out of each other but who feels left out?!?! non other than the x-men themselves as dr xavier sensed trouble in the mutant communitythe x-men thought they would police the freaks,.. SOOOO then what happens yup you guessed it the glactic assosoition of superheros are notified to there headquaters orbiting around the earth so superman flys down and by now you the huge fire demon dude from lords of the rings there and those dudes with the flying dragons, swinging there swords around and that thing thats always petting the ring crawls by talking about some "my precious, my dearest precious" only to get stomped on by green giant who figured he'd go show everyone how his small skirt of leaves blew every which direction with the slightest of wind whom had had been having a conversation with paul bundyon about which trees can and can't be cut etc,..

umm to be continued...

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

I agree. I've not been to every site on the internet yet, at least not that I'm aware of. Anyhoo, if I've not seen it before, it's new to me, regardless of how old it is.

Here is a candidate for that exact situation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0

I've seen it linked all over, several people sent it to me too, but it's still funny as hell.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

^that was hilarious, I almost forgot about that one.

...my new favorite quote for the week: "you can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're droppin' Hamiltons"

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

HAHA omfg hamsterdance...
    yeah that wasnt even funny the first time... it kinda scared me.
    but hamsters are cute! ... except when they bite. bastards.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    HAHA omfg hamsterdance...
    yeah that wasnt even funny the first time... it kinda scared me.
    but hamsters are cute! ... except when they bite. bastards.

heheh yeah.

(waits 30 seconds)

say, have you seen that Hamsterdance thing? (Peanut voice) It's neat!

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

I started a thread like this a week ago ...geez

Pika Pika Pika...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I can barely remember yesterday

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ok i confess , im guilty of doing this but when i point out that there was already a thread i dont do it to be a jerk or anything. I just dont see the need to discuss the exact same topic more than once id rather have things be new and fresh.
    Also for the record i did not start the whole pirates vs ninjas thing on these boards i had no idea it was even a big topic on the internet as a whole till it was brought to my attention here, ive been a pirate nut since i was about 5 years old its not just a gimick

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

have you ever heard the song "argh i'm a pirate" by zolof the rock & roll destroyer? a friend brought it to my attention not too long ago, and i think it's a funny little pirate song

+ Reply to Thread