View Poll Results: Are family annihalations on the rise?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, people are getting more fucked up everyday

6 40.00%
  • No, its the same as always we just hear about more cases

7 46.67%
  • I have no clue

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family Annihlators

shiki's Avatar nappy headed ho

Default Family Annihlators

What is up with all the people just wiping out their own families? It seems that everyday when you update on current events there is a story about somebody taking out their entire families...sometimes they kill themselves as well such as the wrestler Chris Benoit, who murdered his wife, then his 7-year old son and then killed himself, or sometimes they just take out their families, such as Christopher Vaughn from Chicago who shot his wife and 3 kids to death and claimed that someone else did it...even though the gun was still at the scene. What happened to the good old days when people just walked out on their families? Is this sort of thing on the rise do you think? Or is it the fact that we have unprecedented access to such news now that we have the internet?

Default Re: Family Annihlators

Wow..didnt hear about the Chris thing until you mentioned it. I dont watch wrestling but it's kinda sad to see somebody snap like that.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

rhoid rage

but yeah, people snap all the time

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

It just means there is more food for the one's that survive.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

honestly, if the guy wasnt famous what are the odds you would hear about it.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Obviously, there were cases like Phil Hartman in the past, although I guess the kids lived through that one. Hi, I'm Troy McClure and you may know me from such films as My Wife Shot Me and Then Herself (Cause the Other Way Around Would Not Have Worked).

But I think that even minor fame puts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more pressure on the individual today.

Add to that the egregious over-medication of our entire society. The company which makes Zoloft was sued after Hartman's murder/suicide.

So it wouldn't surprise me if there were an uptick in cases of people just snapping.

I can't decide if it's really that much more common or if it's just that these incidences now have the ability to be broadcast over a larger area much quicker. Not just that; people report crimes more often and, because of technology, it's easier to tell who the real killer was.

shiki's Avatar nappy headed ho

Quote Originally Posted by GnArKiLL
    honestly, if the guy wasnt famous what are the odds you would hear about it.
    you hear about non famous people doing it all the time...a couple weeks ago a young mother hung herself and her four or five daughters in the closet, the yougest child was the only one to survive, then there was the fellow in Wisconsin who shot his babies momma, her sister, his three kids and himself. One of the kids was shot in the chest but survived. I could go on....most of these people are not famous.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I think the 24 hour media cycle draws more attention to such incidents. I believe our society is disintegrating in some ways, but I ultimately blame the individual alone. I don't see fame necessarily being a factor. Unfortunately, some bad apples achieve fame in our hyper-media driven culture.

OEC

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by shiki
    you hear about non famous people doing it all the time...a couple weeks ago a young mother hung herself and her four or five daughters in the closet, the yougest child was the only one to survive, then there was the fellow in Wisconsin who shot his babies momma, her sister, his three kids and himself. One of the kids was shot in the chest but survived. I could go on....most of these people are not famous.
    You just proved your point that you know of all this because of the amount of news you have access too

i remember years back on of my teachers said when she lived out in a small town she would never hear about *****, murders, shootings etc, but as soon as she moved to the city thats all she saw on the news

job stress ?? roid-rage,, call it what you will ..

yup need to start tellin peeps , hey if it sucks that bad just leave ..thats how i handled the shit from my ex, hell killin her the kid and myself just never came too mind ... i like my crappy life and love me self too much ...

Think its the same as always. We just see it more because of how easilly information travels.

+ Reply to Thread