+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feminie = immature?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Feminie = immature?

I'm shopping for my new apartment and I want my bedroom to be very feminie, only all the pink or lavender or ribbons and flowers are in the kids section with like BARBIE or some junk in huge type all over them. Almost anyhting with flowers is a quilt that appears to have fallen out of down home alabama. Neither is the look I'm going for. Is being feminine a lost art? Why is being a "girl" considered to be a child's passtime? Is it like this where you live?
    K

Default Re: Feminie = immature?

lol yeah I had to help my mom finde stuff for her new house she had the same problem havent heard form her for about a week so I dont know if she found anything good luck in your new place hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    lol yeah I had to help my mom finde stuff for her new house she had the same problem havent heard form her for about a week so I dont know if she found anything good luck in your new place hope you like it!
    Thanks This is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.
    K

yeah I bet

Thats not childish at all!

For MY Ideal room though, I want that stuff that makes it look like moving water, except to be Red, so that it resembles Blood contiually dripping from the walls.. Then I would Decorate the room with Skull type stuff, and Runes and stuff everywhere.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Definetly not, but in smaller cities and town, there a lot of places that provide a lot of feminine items (craft stores, fabric shops, etc.). In the larger cities, not so easy to find such places, I have encountered. As certain places grow I see less too.

Morgue1313's Avatar Senior Member

I dont know if you were checking out mainly interior design places or craft stores too. I would say a craft store might be a good bet, one with some older merchanise and find where they hid all that stuff from when the Victorian look was popular. I know my craft store still has some nice pink and purple ribbons and decor left from then, and its all usually on sale.

Its definately not childish, but society may find it easier to cater to 6 year olds wanting pink then "adults." I wish you the best of luck, and give you props for being feminine in todays day and age.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I never knew finding stuff that catered to that would be a problem...but with current style being all over the place maybe it's jsut not a huge enough draw to stock a section with it?

But like another said when the Victorian look was popular this stuff was easy as sin to buy and find....and since that's laying a bit dormant right now that could be the main issue. I'd scour and look around the net like a bandit...someone HAS to have the stuff you want.

I have the same problem, only it might suggest masculine is immature? I want outer space bedroom with galaxy wallpaper! Star blankie! Saturn pajamas! Ooo! But that's all in the kids section too...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It doesn't matter what the style is...

If it's not one of the "socially acceptable" styles of the day, you won't find stuff...

If you want a pink room, or a space room, or a harem room (my plan), or anything creative, you have to build and make things yourself.

If you want stuff from IKEA, no problem.
    If you want something else, be prepared to spend some time looking and making things.

It won't be in a store.

My room here in the appartment used to be white...And it still is..UNTIL you turn on the blacklights...I bought some blacklight spray paint..
    http://www.clearneon.com/product.htm
    and I had some art student friends of mine come over one night...
    I now have a Tribal flame Border that runs around the top of the room...
    Above my bed is a Celtic Knot ....The ceiling is Covered entirely with flames that circle to the center where the Fan is also covered with flames...It looks like hell Is burning above me...
    I still have 2 more walls to go but I havent figured out what to put there yet...

I found pink towels and stuff for my bathroom so the bathrrom is now pink. And i found these really soft lavender sheets for my bed, but I can't find a matching comforter that doesn't say "seventeen" or "Lizzy Maguire" on it. This is really frustrating. Being a girl is somehting children under the age of ten do, after that you're a tomboy or you dress like a hoochie. Then it's only moms who wear flower print dresses or fat old lady sweaters in pink. I'd make my own stuff from a craft store but making a comforter is too difficult, though I might have to make my own pillow shams and bed skirts and curtains. I know i'm going to have to have the paint for my walls specially mixed. Being feminine has become expenseive!!
    K

put some UV lights around =) and tinny uv-pink lines on wall..... but don't take strong UV light's, it will be too much.... just idea

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I just stayed at a hotel in Vegas which had lavendar blankets. I was so pleased. The comforter was a much more sedate sort of slate pattern, but underneath was a cozy lavendar blankie.

Man, I need DeathKnight and Asmodeus to come do arts and crafts at my place.

+ Reply to Thread