+ Reply to Thread

Thread: goggles and various brickabrack

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default goggles and various brickabrack

we all ahve little accessories we wear most of the time if not all the time and maybe a few can relate with this about having things on tha tmost people don't fully understand or assume are something else.

mine is my gogles. the ones in my avy.
    i wear glasses and dont have contact lenses or the money to get contacts right now-since stillman blades went belly up and i jumped the ship before it did.- and i have light sensitive eyes so i wear the goggles because
    1.)they're big enough to cover my glasses comfortably
    2.)they're antiglare and are uv 500 lenses
    3.)they keep my hair out of my face when im driving to and from the hospital since my hair is long enough to smack me in the face but not long enough to tuck behind my back. (it's slightly below shoulder length now and i don't plan on cutting it till it's at mid back level and i have thr front filled in a little.)

the problem is it's not something people see everyday....and it has alot to do with gender identity too as most people see me as a guy which makes sense since i havent started transitioning yet.

some of my friends pole light humor at them too call ing me a tank-gunner or airplane pilot etc. the tank-gunner one i dont mind so much since im a big tank-girl fan and she's kinda one of my fictional heroes. but there's also people who assume im a raver which im not-and i am not knocking ravers-or just prefer to walk in the other direction or point and stare and laugh about them or rathe rme wearing them althugh they do serve a useful purpose.

i've gotten compliments on them too though some people think they're cute.,

anyways, question is, do you wear something personal that people don't get or comment on with mixed reactions?

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Default Re: goggles and various brickabrack

yeah. My hat. I wear a guinness Ivy cap alot. I get alot of golfer comments.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I wear a Tank Girl machine gun/peace sign necklace the most. Most people just look at it and see a machine gun and think I'm odd or violent.

Bedlamite

I tend to wear questionable things at all times. Or have questionable hair. The only place I wasn't a weirdo was London, and that's because Londoner's do weirdo to the nth degree.

Also. Goggles make fantastic shades.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    I wear a Tank Girl machine gun/peace sign necklace the most. Most people just look at it and see a machine gun and think I'm odd or violent.
    oh! i love you! tank-girl is fucking awesome! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    I tend to wear questionable things at all times. Or have questionable hair. The only place I wasn't a weirdo was London, and that's because Londoner's do weirdo to the nth degree.

Also. Goggles make fantastic shades.
    i know,right? i wish i had more than one pair. i have a pair f fat sunglasses that look kinda like my gogs with red clear lenses but they're just not the same. the pinch the arms of my glasses against the side of my head.

+ Reply to Thread