+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ever find your brain and your body having a totally different day?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you ever find your brain and your body having a totally different day?

Do you ever find your brain and your body having a totally different day?

My brain is very happy right now about a whole bunch of stuff, excited about projects, happy about friends and family, fascinated by new things I'm learning, entertained by books I'm reading, touched by the niceness of my fellow humans.

My body is crampy and bloated and stiff and achey and tense and peeved my physical therapist is on holiday vacation today and wants to lie in bed eating cheesecake.

I may try bribing my bod with rasberry cheesecake and see if it gets on the same page with my brain.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: Do you ever find your brain and your body having a totally different day?

Today as a matter of fact.

My body's been working overtime at kicking ass. We took in a huge holiday shipment this morning starting at 730 and I was fast, agile, and strong. I almost single handedly got the whole thing checked in, unpacked and on the shelves in about 3 hours.

But my brain felt like shit the whole time, sleepy, drowsy, bored of the same old routine and anxious to leave, even though I had nothing really to look forward to after leaving.

I feel your pain, can I share your cheesecake?

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you ever find your brain and your body having a totally different day?

everyday. my mind says get up lets move kids to take care of. my body is like hell no i'm not moving if you make me you'll be sorry. then i move sand everything hurts. it sux

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

I usually wake up about 2 hours before my alarm clock goes off and try and convince my mind to go back to sleep cause my body wants to stay in bed but it rarely works :-(

Now you got me wanting cheesecake. DAMN that sounds good!

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

They're pretty well synced up, actually. Then again, I feel like shit pretty much constantly, so the rest of it is just waiting for my mind to catch up.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Do you ever find your brain and your body having a totally different day?

All too often.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Very much. Like today.
    K

sometimes when i wake up off the floor my brain seems to still be there until about after 2 cigarettes and 30 minutes

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

sounds like me at work every day... most of the time i forget one or two little things... alot of the time i forget to put on my apron hehee... then i get flour all over my clothes. ew.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

today was very much a day where my brain and body weren't together. my brain was really not wanting to be at work, and thinking about certain stuff, but my body was totally on autopilot. my hands just automatically knew which keys to push and what to do, which is good cause nobody noticed i wasn't all there. ugh.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

There have been times when my brain was so far away from what my body was doing that I felt like a zombie.

Mmmm cheesecake, but now to ponder..cherries or chocolate topping

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Does your ankle still hurt? Try Vicodin!!! Works great for those aches and pains! Good for your brain too!! Vicodin and an iced latte!

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

All the time. My brain and my body are often in different countries.
    It's hard trying to find myself sometimes....
    Like having an OBE....

Cheesecake???

brain thinking one thing body doing another yup sounds like a normal day.
    cheesecake does sound good only with a carmel topping mmm. no cheese cake but i do have a rasberry butter torte in the fridge that might help a lot. yup.

damn straight, everyday when i wake up its like my body is telling me to stay in bed and my mind is saying no, wke up. i don't completely wake up until i smoke a cig and sit on the couch for about an hour.
    mmm.... cheesecake does sound good, but it has to be strawberry.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Barbie dolls do not have brains...

+ Reply to Thread