+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dove Foundation/Surveys over the telephone

Mother Superior

Default The Dove Foundation/Surveys over the telephone

This is a group who has been calling me for two weeks.The calls are made in small increments of taking your time, with 3 or 4 simple yes or no questions and seem harmless enough.The organization is about keeping films profanity free, nudity free and for "family". Though they make you aware they are against censorship of any kind. Well, after the three scheduled calls .. they try to sell two Dvd's for the age group of the child you told them you may watch Dvd's with. Calling at 8:00 a.m isn't a great move. I told the person that trying to sell me something over the phone isn't going to happen. I also said that furthering their cause kind of gets murky when they try to sell me 2 Dvd's at 13.00 each... which I am sure doesn't include shipping & handling. I think their approach is completely off. He basically hung up on me while I was telling my opinion after he knew he wasn't getting a sale. I will purchase PBS shows and continue to buy the materials that children in my family watch. I think that's good enough. I just wanted to let you know that if they call you, that's what they are boiling down to, two dvd's to sell. Will you even bother with a person that wants your time in a survey these days? I try to be helpful because I know cold calls are a bitch but this guy was an idiot.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: The Dove Foundation/Surveys over the telephone

theres too many morons doing cold calling. some phone company randomly called us and ended up trying to convince my mom that "i wouldnt want you to miss out on this great deal, maam." and sounded REAL sad about not getting my mom to switch companies... my mom told him no about 5 times, and told him she would be switching eventualy cause were getting fed up with telus... she ended up bitching him out big time... it was hilarious.

when i used to be a telemarketer for newspapers i had this one customer crying when she answered.. i asked what was wrong and she said her husband had just died.. i felt really bad for her..
    so i asked if she wanted a subscription to read his obituary... i didnt make the sale

i just cant stand it when they try to force their survey on you... i spent like 45 mins doing a survey on drinks when i didnt even drink pop at the time,and he said it would only take like 10 mins... fucker... "which do you prefer, coke or pepsi" "i dont drink either one, i drink water... fuck off..."

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah I'm still waiting for my pack of smokes...three years now

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

if you have the time and inclination... next time they call, see how long you can keep the operator on the line. if you think they're about to hang up, make a noise like you might be about to send them some money. it'll keep them from bothering other people for a few minutes, anyway, and if done properly can really piss off the operator.

but what about "don't harsh on them! they're just doing their job!"

that excuse didn't fly for the guards in Germany's concentration camps.

my standard reply to telemarketers is "If i want your product, *i* will call *you*. go away."

LOL ok My brother moved out bout a yr ago ,<had the other move in ..
    but he used to give to Charitie's all the time so for the last year ive had all sort of these peeps callin askin for him ,i ask who's calling ,>HI i;m soo and soo with this ,or that and were doin our drive this year .>soorry he dosent live here any more .. well maybe you'd like to help us , > sorry but i;m kinda on a fixed income and i have 2 charitie's i do give too when i have the money ..so can you help us ,err no i dont have the extra ,ok thanks any way sir have a good day .....
    then not even 15 mins later some one from the same place will call and i have to go thu what i have done told one person all over again ...
    i get bout 5 of these a month even After ive told them he's moved ...

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

They rarely ever find me (unlisted to the max, never home, cell changes every month.. once people know you it's kinda like being on the run, but without the need to buy an Algerian passport). When I pick up and find it's some random call center for the Alaska Camel Trekking and Nuclear Energy Corporation, I'll usually drop into an accent and tell them they've phoned a call center, acting insanely grateful that one of the phones actually rang in. I once almost convinced a guy trying to push medicare that I was handcuffed to a desk in Mumbai, and would be electrocuted if he didn't buy a subscription to AOL.

Yeah, so I'm twisted.. but you knew that already.

mG

hah oh thats so mean MG... so very mean... but hilarious...
    and yeah for most places, if you ask to be removed from their calling list, they HAVE to do it.... ASK!! hehe

i got some asshole calling in at work today for a pizza... i asked if i could put him on hold for a minute, everyone was busy and my hands were full of pizza topping juice (i was doin pineapple) and he goes "oh for christs sake, this happens every fuckin time i call! yeah go ahead go..." so... instead of rinsing the pineapple juice off my hand and taking his call right away, i finished making the pizzas until someone else was free to take the call. if he was gonna be that much of an impatient dick, i was gonna make him wait longer. fucker.

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

nothing is better than having telemarketers call for the person who had the number before you... or collection agencies. this happened to my roommate and i during our brief foray into having a house phone. you think telemarketers call at bad times? debt collectors, man. any time, day or night. they also refuse to believe that you're not mufasar umubaway, nor do you know mufasar umubaway. or whoever. they get downright hostile, like we're hiding him under the bed or something.

+ Reply to Thread