+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fucking suicides

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Default fucking suicides

I have not talked to my friend Jimmy in over a year. He was like a father to me, we spent so much time together for 3-4 years. He was the first photographer I seriously worked with, he was the first person to ever get me published. His brother knew my mom from her biker days, he had a long talk with me once about my mom, cleared alot of things up. I was his makeup artist. He had a great son named John, who was also a good friend. John hung himself last year. Im in tears.
    3 people I know have killed themselves in the past 5 months. And one person I know by association seriously tried to kill herself last week, landing in my hospital.
    What the fuck.

I really wish I had a puppy to play with right now.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: fucking suicides

I think that a lot of the structure for how people interact today, online, etc. is such that there is an increasing sense of simultaneous isolation and interaction overload for a lot of people. I have the feeling like both suicide and general feeling bad are on the rise. Maybe it just seems that way because I see more about it lately. I don't know. I'm overtired and rambling. I think what I want to say is *hugs* and you totally should get a puppy or at least borrow one.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Amelia pretty much hit on what I was going to say, so all I can really do is agree with the puppy thing. I've always considered the suicide thing a cowards way out but as time is marching on for me it's really looking a lot clearer to me as to why so many choose it. The only aspect that bothers me so much is the way it effects so many one knew or knows...seems crueler on them than the victim themselves.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I think if they could take it back, they would. The people I know anyway

puppy, yes

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling.

As far as the puppy, Id say get one!! I was in a bad headspot for a long time, we went and adopted a puppy from the pound, and I am SOOO happy now. When I get stressed or upset, I take her on a walk, play with her or just lay down with her and pet her. Its great therapy;]

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

There's not much more comforting than some fuzzy therapy. Not to mention they are great listeners and don't interupt. I agree with the above...get yourself a puppy.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    I have not talked to my friend Jimmy in over a year. He was like a father to me, we spent so much time together for 3-4 years. He was the first photographer I seriously worked with, he was the first person to ever get me published. His brother knew my mom from her biker days, he had a long talk with me once about my mom, cleared alot of things up. I was his makeup artist. He had a great son named John, who was also a good friend. John hung himself last year. Im in tears.
    3 people I know have killed themselves in the past 5 months. And one person I know by association seriously tried to kill herself last week, landing in my hospital.
    What the fuck.

I really wish I had a puppy to play with right now.
    I went through a time like that. I certainly offer you my condolences.The only emotion I was left with over time was rage. I believe online interaction is more of a symptom than a cause. In our society, a lot of people simply feel increasingly alienated. Get a puppy but just don't feel guilty when the anger sets in. Suicide is the coward's way out. It does not take away from who they were, but it is imperative to process *all* your emotions regarding their actions. We have to carry on and create our own destinies.

OEC

NINA SINN's Avatar Senior Member
    alaska, can you believe i seriously lived thtere.... no really it is beautiful there...

I Know How You Feel Kellie... My Father Died Last Week And I Am Having A Really Hard Time Dealing With It.... We Can Mourne Together Babydoll!!!!

Bloodykisses...
    Nina Sinn 666

I am sorry and know how you feel I am just happy my own attempt failed since my friends would of been just as miserable and I would not want to hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by NINA SINN
    I Know How You Feel Kellie... My Father Died Last Week And I Am Having A Really Hard Time Dealing With It.... We Can Mourne Together Babydoll!!!!

Bloodykisses...
    Nina Sinn 666
    I Hope you are ok and feeling better.

I would miss you too much.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Even though people die, and kill themselves, life goes on...

Life can suck sometimes, but be happy you are alive,
    and remember that the future could bring some moments
    of joy and happiness, even if times are hard right now...

Maybe it will be 10 years from now.

But if you are dead, you are dead.
    And that sucks, especially if there is nothing afterwards.

So even though life can be painful, and sad, and lame at times,
    try to remember that good times and happiness may be in the
    future...

+ Reply to Thread