+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all! New here...

Ingridsca1's Avatar Member

Default Hello all! New here...

Just a quick hello to everyone. I've been lurking a little while. As of now, this site isn't blocked at work yet, but we'll see how long that lasts.
    Hmm, I know we're supposed to say a little about ourselves when we make our "hello" thread...I'm just a little southern california biology teacher who happens to do bellydance with a contemporary flair, have pink hair, and likes to club a lot. How personal are we supposed to get?

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Default Re: Hello all! New here...

Hello there :]
    Really there is no bounds.

Amaretto's my favorite too~

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Why couldn't I have teachers that look like you in school? I might have payed attention!

OMG Not-A-Bot! Welcome!

Which SCA Kingdom are you from ?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Why couldn't I have teachers that look like you in school? I might have payed attention!
    Ha ha! It's not nearly as cool as you might think. I'm all business at work and not particularily nice about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    OMG Not-A-Bot! Welcome!
    Why thank you DJ Bat. I think we might have met a loooong time ago at Sin. You're out in Palm Desert now right? Is anything interesting going on out there. That's a lot closer than LA for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Which SCA Kingdom are you from ?
    Ha! Its the Friesian ride, huh? I'm just not into cars (gasp) even though I have three. And none of them ever get washed- I mean ever. It really should rain here more. They're just a means to get from one point to another. So that's why I put the horse answer. And my daughter's been riding (and sometimes competing) since she was 2 1/2, though on a quarterhorse.

Oh and Caid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingridsca1
    Why thank you DJ Bat. I think we might have met a loooong time ago at Sin. You're out in Palm Desert now right? Is anything interesting going on out there. That's a lot closer than LA for me.
    Wow - SIN was a long time ago it seems - The Palm Springs area is a waste land... and my time is fucked - the best I can hope for is coming into L.A. once in a while to guest at Bar Sinister when time permits... I'm actually back in school @ Crafton Hills for a medical career change - and lol - I'm taking anatomy./ physiology atm... somehow I think your class would be more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Ingridsca1
    Ha! Its the Friesian ride, huh? I'm just not into cars (gasp) even though I have three. And none of them ever get washed- I mean ever. It really should rain here more. They're just a means to get from one point to another. So that's why I put the horse answer. And my daughter's been riding (and sometimes competing) since she was 2 1/2, though on a quarterhorse.

Oh and Caid.

hehe thought you were in this SCA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society...ve_Anachronism

Bat- I doubt it, I'm a by-the-book kind of gal when it comes to my job. The kids try to ask about what type of music I like and other personal things and I've become very good at evading answering. Too much personal information makes them think they have a personal relationship with me, which they don't.
    Good luck in your college classes. College is so much better ~

I was an SCA member a long time ago, Velvet. But not for about 6 years or so.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

It's hard to tell from the little, little tiny avatar you have, but are you missing your fuckin' legs or something? Not that there's anything wrong with a legless, belly-dancing, Southern Californian, pink haired, biology teacher...I'm just asking is all.

turn yer gamma up - she's on her knees

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Hello and welcome!

Yeah, that av wasn't what I was trying to use. I was trying to put another pic in addition to my av on my profile but messed things up. Now I can't seem to get it back the way it was. Plus, all my pictures are too big and my work computer is not letting me resize things. Grrrrr...

Hello Shock!

+ Reply to Thread